"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?"

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside..." Peter sees Tony and I and his eyes widen. I waved to him. He had wavy brown hair and his chestnut eyes, He was really cute. Wait? What am I saying? I need to stay on task, but that can't stop me from making a friend or two along the way.

"Oh, Mr. Parker."

"Hey" I smiled.

"Um..." He takes out his earphones. "What- What are you doing...? Hey! Uh, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter."

"Tony. This is Kara."

"Nice to meet you Peter" I friendly smiled, I felt my cheeks begin to heat up a little, but I chose to ignore it.

"What are... What are you - What are you - What are you guys doing here?"

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Right?"

"Regarding the..."

"You didn't tell me about the grant." Aunt May spoke looking towards Peter.

"About the grant."

"The September Foundation."

"Right."

"Remember when you applied?" I spoke not wanting to be alienated out of this conversation.

"Yeah."

"I approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" Aunt May spoke looking towards Peter with a raised brow, I kept my chuckle hidden.

"Why, I just, I just... I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... wh... Anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's why we're here, to hash it out."

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony spoke referring to Aunt May.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?" I rolled my eyes, of course Tony would flirt with peter's aunt.

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional."

"Let me just stop you there Tony." I spoke looking at him and he looks from me then to Peter.

"Yeah?"

"Does this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?"

"Yeah"

"Yeah?"

"It's pretty well funded."

"Wow."

"Well look who you're talking to Pete." He then looks at me and my cheeks turn pink. "If it's okay if I can call you Pete." I rambled pushing a strand of black hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"Can we have 5 minutes with him?" Tony asks.

"Sure." Aunt May replies with a smile. Peter leads both me and Tony towards his room and bolts the door behind us and spits out the walnut loaf in a trash can. "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad." He notices Peter's collection of old computers. "Whoa, what do we have here? Retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?"

"Tony! Not all of us are rich like you!" I punch him slightly in the arm and he holds his arm in pain.

"Uh, the garbage, actually."