= Rest in Peace, Peggy =

A cathedral, packed with mourners. A choir is singing. Steve is one of six pallbearers carrying a coffin draped with the Union Jack, I watched him walk past me. His eyes were red he's been crying since the news, but I've stayed by his side ever since. At the altar, a candle burns by a framed photograph of Peggy Carter in a military uniform when she was younger. The label reads "Margaret 'Peggy' Carter". Steve sat beside me in the front row in his black suit, while I sat there in a matching black suit with my hair curled. Sam was on the other side of Steve as he was his wing-man, quite literally. The priest then addresses the mourners.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." I then look up Agent 13, Steve's "neighbour" from DC, steps up to the podium. My eyes widened. Steve is looking down and doesn't see Sharon walk up. I look over to Sam and he makes eye contact with me, and nudges Steve. He looks up to see Sharon, who glances at Steve and takes a breath.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD... but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy." I look over to Steve who takes a surprised breath, finally realizing who she really was. "She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." She spoke before directly looking at Steve then to me.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move... it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say " No, you move." ."

---

Sam had left saying he had business to attend to, Steve and I stood in the church by ourselves fully taking in that Peggy was gone. We were still dressed in black. Natasha walks to him and he turns to her. He begins to speak without any introduction. "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her." He spoke sadly.

"She had you back, too." Natasha spoke looking from Steve then to I.

"Who else signed?"

"Tony. Rhodey. Vision."

"Clint?" Steve asked. They were talking about the accords again, but I hadn't signed it yet. My mind wasn't fully made up. I wanted to side with Steve, but after Lagos I thought it would be best to fight proper fights and attempt to save everyone so this was the only time I'd agree with Tony.

"Says he's retired." Natasha smiles slightly.

"Is that because I lifted Mjolnir?" I joked trying to lighten the mood. I then look to Natasha "What about Wanda?" I asked curious on her point of view on this topic.

"TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet for you both."

"I think my best choice is to stay out of public eye at the moment Nat..." I spoke looking off into the side of the Church we still stood in. I used my magic and sent a small wisp of magic to dance around the ceiling before it dispersed. Steve sighs and bows his head.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." Natasha almost seems to be convincing herself. Odd, was she not for sure on her on signing it anymore?

"What are we giving up to do it?" She sighs. He shakes his head, unconvinced.

"I'm sorry, Nat. I can't sign it."

"I know."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you two to be alone." She smiled as she pulled both me and Steve for a hug, something we both really needed at the moment. "Come here."

---

We were walking Sharon back to her hotel, I tagged along since I also knew Sharon and I didn't want to be ditched and have to go back to the boring Avengers HQ. "My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster." I chuckled.

"Very practical."

"And stylish." Sharon and Steve wait by an elevator while I stood in between them. They stood facing each other, while I awkwardly third-wheeled trying to pretend everything was fine.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?"

"In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force."

"Right, that sounds pretty fun and interesting." I spoke.

"I know, right?" Steve nods and smiles at Sharon.

"I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on us from across the hall..."

"You mean when I was doing my job." She corrected with an eyebrow raised.

"Did Peggy know?"

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." The elevator arrives. "Thanks for walking me back, guys."

"Sure." Sam then comes over to us.

"Guys. There's something you gotta see." Sam then hands Steve a tablet with the news on it.

News Anchor: "A bomb hidden in a news van..."

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon spoke out loud now watching the news with us.

News Anchor: "...ripped through the UN building in Vienna."

"Good. They're solid. Forensics?" Sharon asked not really noticing that she was saying her thoughts out loud.

News Anchor: "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

"Oh no, Bucky..." I spoke my eyes widening, Steve kept a very calm face unphased by this. Everything has been so hard on him this wasn't helping.

"I have to go to work." Sharon spoke walking away leaving Steve, Sam, and I at the elevator.