"I love you so much, Emilie," Gabriel told his wife, seeing as their phone call visitation was coming to the end of the time limit.

"Oh Gabriel... I love you too," Emilie told him, gently pressing her hand against the glass that separated them. He pressed his hand against the other side of the glass to where her hand was, and looked at her with a broken smile. She felt her heart break as she watched her husband be taken away back to the prison rooms.

Although she was irritated with him for all of this, she wanted nothing more to have their family complete and safely together again.

Was his company really worth this temporary separation?

* * *

"Hey Felix! Have you seen Adrien?" Marinette asked him as he let her into the mansion. She had been almost surprised to hear a man's voice come from the camera that popped out of the wall by the gate, but had realized she would never hear Nathalie out of that speaker again.

"Hey Marinette! Oh yeah, he's still getting ready to go to school. I already let him know you were coming to pick him up," Felix told her, "You can come into the dining room. Adrien will meet you for breakfast."

"Oh thank goodness! I forgot my breakfast this morning. What are we having?" She said, pulling her backpack off to let Tikki out.

"Bagels, only because I still have the cooking skills of my teenage self," Felix chuckled, albeit a bit sadly. "Emilie gave the chefs a few weeks off to make up for Gabriel's overworking schedule he had them on."

"I like bagels! Don't worry, I burn everything I try to cook, and my family owns a bakery," Marinette laughed, sitting down on a random chair.

"Bugaboo!" She heard from behind her before she was tackled in a hug.

"Kitty!!" She turned around to kiss his cheek, hugging him around the neck.

"The bagels," Felix said monotonously, walking out to retrieve their breakfast and to give the cute couple their privacy.

"Good morning, my lady. I notice you're getting here quite early nowadays! I remember just before everything, you used to run into class hours late!" Adrien joked, causing her to playfully roll her eyes.

"It was half an hour late at most," She grumbled, sitting back down.

"Was it?" Adrien asked, pretending to have to think about it, before he shook his head jokingly, "Nah, I don't think you made it to class most days."

"Gasp! How dare you lie so terribly, Hiss-ter Meow Meow Pants!" Marinette melodramatically rolled her eyes to the side, holding the back of her hand to her forehead to feign taken offense.

As Felix walked in with the food, he felt his heart weigh down a little at how similarly he and Nathalie used to joke around together. She was always so silly, kind, and lighthearted.

 She was always so silly, kind, and lighthearted