Be That Consequence

A/N: It's only been four days since the last update, but I felt inspired for once. Also I only drew one piece of art, and it took an entire four and a half hours, so the rest was writing. 😂

The only problem is that I lost my special notebook, and it contains the entire plot, with all my "research" and notes. It helps me understand the whole complexity of the plot, so I don't get confused or lost. I didn't think I'd update until I could find it, but I did have a good idea of what I wrote.

I'm going to Vegas today and tomorrow, so I might not have time to write after this!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the upcoming chapter! It's about 3,200 words! ❤️

* * *

How was it real that Hawkmoth was the one standing before her? Where did he come from, and why was he there for a heroine who wasn't even there in his time as a villain? Was he still in search of Ladybug's miraculous and he'd just questioned someone who'd seen Lady Luck wandering around?

Nathalie had so many questions, and yet she couldn't ask any of them to the man before her.

"Nathalie Sancouer, I'm going to have to ask you a favor..." the metal-masked man spoke in a menacing, yet familiar voice. Where had she heard him from? Most importantly, why was he three inches from kissing her?

With wide eyes and a hanging jaw, Nathalie mentally plotted her nearest escape strategy. If she ran past him, he'd most likely try to grab her and then akumatize her. If she ran back, he'd probably whack her with the cane he practically held up to her chin.

"Are you afraid, Miss Sancouer? I don't bite."

"W-What exactly d-do you want from me?" She asked, hoping to sound challenging and rebellious, but it sounded more desperate and fearful

"Well, since you're about the same height and build as Lady Luck was, I thought you'd take pride in becoming the next Ladybug," Hawkmoth leaned in a little closer.

Oh, Nathalie could tell it would only hurt her fist if she tried to punch the metallic mask covering his face, but she sure wanted to!

"Let me guess," Nathalie spoke, turning her face away quickly then backing up, "You want me to hunt down the Ladybug miraculous so I could give it to you?"

Walking toward her and backing the woman into a wall, he smirked and chuckled, "I'm a step ahead of you."

"You can't have the miraculous!" Nathalie argued, remembering it was with Kagami.

Leaning into her personal space as an intimidation tactic, Hawkmoth teased on, "Oh? Why can't I?"

His hard, stone-like gray eyes hammered into her bright oceanic eyes, and she tried to think of how to escape. She glanced down, noticing an open space between his legs. His cane wasn't aimed at her face, but was held behind his back.