[13] Yellow

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called "Yellow"

So then I took my turn

Oh what a thing to have done

And it was all yellow

Your skin

Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

Do you know

You know I love you so

Coldplay ~ Yellow

One year ago — Kaylee

Waking up in a strangers bed naked is a scary thing. But waking up in a strangers bed naked and not remembering how the hell you got there is terrifying. I tighten the sheet around my naked body as I stumble around the room looking for my clothes. When I spot my purple dress, heels, and underwear in the corner, I hurry over and quickly pull them on before scurrying to the ensuite to clean myself up.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and cringe at the smudged makeup. After washing my face, I look for some aspirin in the cabinets and sigh in relief when I find a bottle of pain killer and mouthwash. After rinsing my mouth and swallowing two pills, I take one last look at myself before walking back to the bedroom. I look at the messy bed where the sheets lay crumbled and I close my eyes, sadness rolls over me.

I can't believe this happened.

While in my thoughts, trying to remember something from what happened, there's a knock on the door. I flinch at the loud sound and groan as my headaches. I move over to the door and open it and curse inwardly when I find Kade McKay. He stands there with a smirk on his face as his eyes move over my body.

"Doing the walk of shame, Kaylee?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I haven't started it yet. Now get out of my way." I push past him and walk down the hall with my heels in my hand. I walk down the stairs and try to make my way out before someone else spots me doing the walk of shame.

"Bye Kay." I hear Kade yell and I turn to see a knowing smirk on his face as he waves. Nausea rolls over me before I turn back around and stalk out of the house. I breathe in the fresh air before realizing I hadn't called Jenna to pick me up. I fish for my phone in my bag and curse when I see its dead. I look around, hoping I spot Jane somewhere; instead, I see a familiar car driving towards me. When it stops in front of me, the window rolls down, and I see Patrick smile at me.

"Hey, Kay! Had fun?" He leans over the console. His smile disappears when a tear rolls down my cheek, and before I can control it, a sob leaves my lips. I cover my mouth with both hands as I start to uncontrollably sob before I feel two arms wrap around my body. "Hey, hey, hey. What happened?"