[2] Fix You

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

Coldplay ~ Fix you
* * *

Jenna Kara Knight

1989 - 2014

A Loving And Devoted Wife, Mother, Daughter and Sister.

Patrick Davin Knight

1988 - 2014

A Beloved Husband, Father, Son And Brother

Always in our Hearts.

I stand by their headstones as everyone talk among themselves. My parents are talking to Zach's parents, Joel and Josie, while Scott is in my aunt Lisa's arms.

''Kaylee,'' I hear the voice of my friend and turn around. Jane's eyes are red and so is her nose. She pulls me into a hug and starts to cry. I pat her back and try to keep my tears at bay.

I had kept it together since the nights at the hospital. I didn't want to believe that my big sister and Patrick were really gone. They'd only just started their life. With their new house and their son. Jenna had planned on getting a dog and she wanted to learn how to cook better. Patrick had only just started working along side his father and he was planning on starting his own company. They had been planning their future and then in a second, they were snatched from this world.

Jane pulls away and holds my shoulders. She smiles
a teary smile but when I stay quiet, she kisses my cheek, hugs me again and walks over to my parents.

''Ms Kaylee Bell.'' I turn around and stare at the man in front of me. After a second of two I recognize the man as Jenna and Patrick's lawyer. The man is holding a file in his hand. I look behind him and see Mom and dad holding hands as they stare at me. He extends the file and I grab it and give him a look before I open it. My eyes zero in on Jenna and Patrick's signature before I realize what the documents say.

My eyes widen when I read that Scott's godparents, Zachary Knight and Kaylee Bell, would earn legal guardianship and custody of Scott Knight if anything would ever happen to Jenna and Patrick Knight. I drop the file to the ground before slowly looking over at my parents. Mom comes over to me and grabs my hand.

"It'll be alright, Kay." She pulls me into her arms.

I remember when Scott had been Jenna had told me that if something were to ever happen to her and Patrick, she wanted Scott to have a good home, two people who'd take care of him and have time for the little boy. I did expect her and Patrick to chose our parents and I actually thought they did. I don't know why they chose me and Zachary, and I would never find out either.
*  *  *

Zachary Knight. He was born in to this world with a pair of beautiful greenish blue eyes, dark brown hair, that looked almost black, and a beautiful face. Throughout the years he changed, from a nice and innocent little boy to a broody, quiet man. During his high school years, he was the playboy of his school, always having different girls hanging onto his arm. We didn't go to the same high school and I never got to see those player ways of his.

But something happened to him in his during his senior year. Until this day, he hadn't spoke a word about it to anyone. I first saw Zachary when I started college, but I officially met him when Patrick started dating Jenna. I'd spilled my juice on him when he first came over with Patrick, and from what Pat had told me about his little brother, I'd assumed he would stand up and start shouting at me. Instead, he stayed quiet, rose to his feet and left the room. He was very distant. And quiet. I'd only seen him once or twice on campus and it was very unlikely for us to see each other as he studies Business and Marketing and I studied Music arts. I did however see his best friend, Shane Gordon, a lot as we had lectures in the same building. From my knowledge, Shane was the only friend that stuck by his side.

I get out of my head when the buzzer for the coffee brewer goes off. My eyes goes to Zach who's already starting at me.

''So, what do we do?'' I ask and stand up. I grab two cups and fill them with coffee. Sliding one of them to Zach before I grab the milk carton.

He shrug, ''Share him." When I look up at him in confusion, he sighs and explains. "I'll have him one week, and you'll have him the next."

Before I can say something, mom barges in to the kitchen with her hands on her hips. "Absolutely not.'' She stares back and forth from me and Zach. "They wanted you two to have him together."

''What do you mean mom?'' I ask.

''Scott needs a family. He needs a home with two parents, living together.''

I look at her as if she has lost her mind. "We are not getting married, mother!"

She looks at me. "You don't have to, Kay."

I look at Zach for help and he opens his mouth. "So we move in together." He states  enforce taking a sip of his coffee. I stare at him with wide eyes and jump when I hear dad's deep voice.

''Yes." Dad says and comes to stand by mom. "You don't need to get married. Just be a family. Be Scott's guardians." He sighs and walks up to me and kiss my forehead. I watch as dad moves his eyes over my face and I notice his eyes water. He clears his throat and walks away, mom following after.

I look at Zach and we stare at each other before I take a deep breath. I will do this for Scott. I will do this for Patrick and Jenna. "Let's move in together, then.''

Vote|Comment

Hugsies and Kissy faces,

heaarts