First Day of School

Cardi POV

I wake to the sound of my fucking annoying alarm. I'm not fucking prepared for this shit. This is all new to me; waking up early and new people and shit.

My name is Belcalis but please call me Cardi. My father named me that and let's say I'm not a big fan of it. I have a younger sister in middle school named Hennessy. I live in Los Angeles with my mom and her abusive boyfriend.

Yes abusive. He's been abusing and raping me since she start to date him. I tried to tell my mom but she'll slap me and tell me that I'm trying to not see her happy. That's not true at all the only reason she wants to be with him is because he gives her money and drugs. My mom is both a alcoholic and drug addict.

If you're wondering if she takes care of my sister the answer is no. I do, I put food in her mouth and make sure that she doesn't get into any trouble.

I step out of my bed and walk into the bathroom to do my hygiene and shit. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I step into the shower and stay in there for 20 minutes. I dry off myself and lotion my body. I do my hair and put on my makeup. After do that I put on this.

I gather all of my school things then went to check on Hennessy

I gather all of my school things then went to check on Hennessy. I knock on her door and went in when she said so.

"Hey you ready to go?"

"Yes but can you do my hair mama Cardi please." Yes she calls me mama I'm the only woman figure that cares for her so I let her call me that.

"Yes where is your curling iron." She point to it and follow her directions.

"Come on I don't want you late to school." I plug the iron and start to flat iron her hair and put a headband in it.

"Bojangles or McDonald's?" I unplug the curling iron.

"Ugh....McDonald's." I nod my head and wait until she grab the rest of her things as we walk downstairs.

"Where the hell y'all going?" I look in the living room to see my mother sniffing coke.

"Go wait in the car Hennessy." I give her my keys and run outside.

"School mother."

"Did I said you can go." I roll my eyes at her. Is she serious she only thinks about herself.

"I don't have time for this I'm leaving mom." Before she could say anything I slam the door and walk to my car.

" Before she could say anything I slam the door and walk to my car