Shen Yue's breath stopped when Wang Lin's teary eyes met her teary ones. She slowly gathered her courage and walked toward the woman.

Everyone gasped when Shen Yue suddenly knelt down in front of Wang Lin.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Wang. It's all my fault that Dylan is hurt. I was driving before the accident happened. I'm so sorry," Shen Yue shakily said, as she tried to suppress her sobs.

"What exactly happened?" Wang Lin asked.

"Dylan's car broke down, so I gave him a ride. We were talking. Then I- I took my eyes off the road. Then-then a truck suddenly lost control and got into our lane. It was already too late when we realized what was happening," Yue explained amidst the tears that were now flowing down her face, "To avoid collision, Dylan took control of the wheel. He- He chose to crash the car into the tree... He chose to take all impact just-just to save me." Yue clenched her chest from the pain she felt, "I'm sorry, Ms. Wang. I'm so sorry."            

Shen Yue was ready to receive any slaps or beatings from Wang Lin. She knew she deserved it. However, what she expected didn't come; instead, what Wang Lin really did break Yue's heart harder. A pair of arms suddenly engulfed her into a comforting hug, which made Yue cried harder in her embrace.

"Poor child. You must have been so scared," Wang Lin hugged Shen Yue tightly and patted her head, "Accident happens. The doctor already said that Ah Di's okay. Don't blame yourself too hard. Just be careful next time, okay?"

Truth be told, Wang Lin's initial feeling was anger. She was angry at what happened. However, seeing how the young child cried so painfully, her heart began to soften. She could feel Yue's genuine feeling. After all, the truck was losing control; it's not entirely the young child's fault. Poor child, she must have been so scared. Wang Lin had never imagined that this would be how she would meet Shen Yue again.

Hearing Wang Lin's words, Shen Yue hugged her tightly and cried in her motherly embrace.

-----------------------------------

With his eyes still closed, Dylan groaned when he felt throbbing pain from his right forehead and all over his body.

"Where am I?" pure white ceiling greeted him the moment he opened his eyes. He tried to raise his arm, but he soon realized that someone was holding his right hand. He shifted slightly to look at the person, and his face broke into a small smile.

Shen Yue was sleeping on a chair next to his bed, while holding his hand tightly. Dylan smiled warmly, as he observed her sleeping face. Her brows were frowning slightly, as if she was having a bad dream. Dylan gently used his left hand to softly touch her brows, and her frown slowly disappeared. As his hand moved to caress her cheek, she unconsciously leaned into his touch and let out a sigh, which made Dylan smiled even wider.

"Ahem" someone cleared their throat.

In that moment, everything seemed to come into an abrupt stop. Dylan snapped his head and sat up to look for the source of the sound, and there they were on the sofa opposite his bed.

'What the fa-!' Dylan almost shouted out loud. 

His mother was sipping her tea while looking at him; Guan and Yi Han were smiling amusedly. Jiaqi and Xiao Zi were giggling, and Jingkang and Xize...

"Oh, Yue!" Jingkang exaggeratingly cupped Xize's face.

"You're awake, Dylan! Are you feeling pain anywhere?" Xize exaggeratingly cupped Jingkang's face back.

"If I say I am, will you kiss the pain away? Ouch," Jingkang then pretended to be in pain.

"Dylan, are you okay?" Xize pretended to gasped.

"Yue, I'm in pain!" Jingkang exclaimed.

"Where, Dylan?" Xize asked Kang.

"Here," Jingkang then pointed to his lips.

"Oh, Dylan. Let me kiss the pain away~" Xize grabbed Jingkang's face, and they pretended to kiss each other. As their short skit unfolded, the room was engulfed with laughter from everyone else except the man himself who was as red as tomato.

'Why am I friend with them again?' Dylan wished the ground could swallow him right there and then. If only he had enough strength, he would have thrown the closest chair at them.

"Since when are you guys here?" Dylan asked, trying to shift their attention away from teasing him.

"Oh, we're here all along," Wang Lin smiled, "It's just that someone was too busy staring at someone else that he didn't even realize that his mother was in the room."   

"Mom!" Dylan whined, "I'm the patient here. Why are you guys ganging up on me?"

"I'm just stating the truth, son," Wang Lin smiled and walked toward Dylan, "Talking about patient..."

"Ouch! Mom! What was that for? I'm injured here!" Dylan let go of Yue's hand and whined in pain when Wang Lin suddenly smacked his left forehead.

"Oh, so you do feel pain? Then what were you even thinking when you crashed the car into the tree?" Wang Lin shook her head and sighed, "You made me worried to death."

Hearing that Dylan smiled and reached for his mother's hand, "I'm sorry for making you worried, mom. I'm fine now. I'll be careful next time-"

"Next time?" Wang Lin exclaimed.

"No next time! No next time!" Dylan chuckled and hugged his mother. When he finally let go of his mother, Dylan saw that Yue already woke up.

Shen Yue was smiling and handing him a glass of water, "You're awake, Dylan." The moment she woke up, Shen Yue was extremely worried and wanted to quickly check on Dylan to see if he's okay, but she saw the exchange between Wang Lin and Dylan, and she couldn't help but smile at their conversation. Somehow she felt so happy seeing Dylan receiving so much love.

Hearing Yue calling him by his name, Dylan smiled and nodded as he accepted the water from her.

"Are you feeling pain anywhere?"

Dylan choked on his water as soon as he heard Yue's question. A flashback of Xize and Jingkang's earlier skit came rushing in his head. Xize and Jingkang snorted while others were trying to hold their laughter, so Dylan shot them a dead glare to shut them up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back! *hide* I'm so sorry for not updating these few months. (_ _)

Some personal issues happened, and I was having an emotional downturn, so I didn't have the motivation to do anything including writing this story. However, I promise that I won't abandon this story! I will try to push through and finish it, but it may take some time for me to update. Honestly, watching Diyue interaction in the Inn and New Year Concert has cheered me up a lot! These two are so cute! I miss them so much! T-T 

Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting this story despite my hiatus! I sincerely appreciate it! Your comments have made me smile and laugh along whenever I feel down. ^_^ Thank you! I'm not sure when can I update next chapter, but until next time, take care!