chapter 6; every man gets his wish

Start from the beginning

"You headin' out into town, little lady?" those slimy, repulsive tones attempted to charm you, as you turned rather reluctantly to face Micah. Already you could tell he was hoping to come with you... and it shattered your good mood.

"Yes, Micah. I am." You replied rather bluntly, moving down to where the steps to the seat were situated. You spared him the same singular flat look, a clearly disinterested gaze.

"You know it's dangerous out there with all them O Driscoll's hangin' around." He hummed in a musing manner, "And I don't know what I'd do if you got stuck in a spot of bother." The sleaze ball added, cocking his head at you slightly. The git didn't even try to hide the fact now that his blue eyes were roving all over you, really take an unwelcome – but long look. The gesture made you feel like you wanted to cover yourself up in a large shawl.

"I wouldn't worry Micah. I have listened to Dutch, I know what to do." You replied, going to climb up into the wagon to get to the seat. But this pest was not relenting until he got what he wanted.

"Well I don't think Dutch would be happy about you goin' on your own." He insisted, looking up at you from the steps, wispy shoulder length blonde hair framing his largely facial hair dominated face. "I think I'm gonna treat myself to a new gun anyway..."

Micah's persistent and creepy nature had not gone unobserved, and by none other than Arthur; looking carefully from under the brim of his dark brown hat.

After the embarrassing event instigated by young Jack, Arthur had been even further set back confidence wise to address you about this whole chaotic whirlwind of emotions, and the confusing relationship the pair of you appeared to share.

He did curse himself for the way he worked – brave enough to walk into an armed bank and rob the place – but not brave enough to discuss his feelings for a woman he admired.

However, this did not stop him still acting in to make sure you were safe, and Arthur knew better than anyone what Micah's intentions would be – he was no good, a damaged man who liked to focus his interests in digging his talon's into pretty young girls.

Quietly removing himself from his observing spot by the edge of his tent, Arthur went over to young Sean, who looked as if he wasn't doing a lot apart from talking shite to a rather disinterested looking Karen.

"Mr MacGuire." Arthur started, hovering over the log where Sean was sat chatting. The Irish lad looked up, a cross expression on his eyebrows.

"Yes Mr Morgan?" he scorned, clearly not happy Arthur had interrupted his ego-boosting talk at Karen.

"Over there-" Arthur said quietly, and gestured in the direction of the wagon, where you were sat looking rather uncomfortable, whilst Micah looked like some creature just ready to slip into the seat beside you.

"Miss (surname) is headin' into town... and I think Micah wants to go with her... for reasons I'm sure you're aware of." Arthur explained to Sean in a conserved tone of voice. Sean scoffed loudly with a sarcastic ring in his following laughter.

"Don't I just! Dirty bastard wants to fuck any poor lass that sets foot in this camp." Sean exclaimed, and looking over his shoulder with a sly and knowing smirk. "This ain't got anything to do with the fact you like the lass, does it, Arthur?" he remarked. Of course, Arthur now had his guard up.

"No – I – I just know Micah and... he won't let up." Arthur dismissed, "All I'm sayin' is... would you go with them? Just to make sure he doesn't try anything?" Arthur asked Sean quietly. The Irish man seemed to be thinking about it, before he exalted a loud huff.

"Fine. I'll go." He concluded, and stood up sharply, fixing his black hat atop of his ginger hair. "But you've got to grow a pair soon, Arthur." He teased Morgan, elbowing him. Grunting in disapproval, Arthur watched Sean swan over to yourself and the ever-pressing Micah, who was still trying to slither his way into the seat next to you.