6

Kaneki POV

As Ryu fled the room, I shouted after her "RYU!" I went after her, as footsteps followed mine, I kept shouting her name, as she disappeared from my sight. I slowly came to a stop, as the one following me did as well. I sighed, turning around slowly to look at Arima. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled under my breath, as he did a deep sigh. "We better wait until she comes back. Will you go to my office to wait for her?" he asked in a monotone voice, I nodded my head as I went to walk back to HQ. I was nervous. 'What if the alarms go off. I am after all a half-ghoul! NO! I'm HUMAN!' I gripped my head, as I swiftly turned into an alleyway, as I heard the sound of voices. I looked around the corner, to see a girl with a rabbit mask, with a pastel pink wig, a dark purple hood covering the rest of her body, dragging someone. I held in a gasp as I saw the familiar dark blue hair. 'RYU!' I yelled in my head, as the rabbit girl ran off with Ryu in her arms.

I sprinted behind her, on the building to keep out of view as she went into a cafe, and up the stairs, I sighed quietly and landed on the cafe's roof. Hearing footsteps I, sneakily went to the window ledge, and hid near the wall. 'I'm glad it's dark out' I muttered in my head. I hastily pulled up my blue hoodie and glanced inside. On the inside, I saw the normal coffee shop I go to, 'Anteiku?' I moved to the glass doors, and slid them open, shock filled my veins as I moved back. Letting out a deep sigh, I moved silently into the building, keeping a lookout for that rabbit. I looked around the area, I headed towards the toilet, checked. No one there. Going to the staff station. Nope. I looked around until I saw the Staff only. I grinned under my hood, opening the door, I heard the voices get louder.

3rd person POV.

Touka held Ryu in her arms as Yoshimura was calmly shouting at her, "I told you NOT to go after her Touka." Touka had an angry look on her face, "SHE APPOSED AN ENEMY AGAINST US!" She barked, as Ryu was totally forgotten and dropped on the floor, as Touka stepped closer to Yoshimura, "I was protecting our family! Hiname, you. Everyone..." Silence filled the air, as Kaneki walked through the hallway. He looked around the rooms as the voices got louder.

Kaneki turning into a room that had light shining from it, he saw Ryu, with Touka, the one who was in the alleyway and his waitress. These two were with an old man. 'Who...?' he thought to himself as he tried to sneak in, only to be spotted "You!" Touka yelled and pulled Kaneki in as she slammed the door shut and locked it. "Who are you?" she hissed out, as Kaneki whimpered in the sight of two ghouls, he stayed quiet as Touka asked again, "Who are YOU!" She snarled as Kaneki continued to whimper, "Touka, respectfully," Yoshimura said calmly, as he walked up to Kaneki and knelt down, "Ignore my friend here, what is your name sir?" he asked, holding a hand out for Kaneki to take as Kaneki uncurled from a ball like shape, "I'm Kaneki. Ken Kaneki sir," he replied in a shy tone.

Touka grabbed kaneki by his hood and turned him around after he stood up, "It's you!" she yelled as Kaneki tried to pry her off of his hood, Touka harshly pushed him away, "You know this 'dove'!" she yelled while pointing to the knocked out Ryu, who was lead on the floor. Kanei nodded his head slightly as he whimpered back, making himself look smaller, "Why? She's an enemy us ghouls," she explained as she got closer to the small child.

Ryu POV

//Dream//

I was in a dark room, the only thing I could see were my hands. My hands were glowing a bright white, which slowly increased in brightness. I clenched my eyes closed, trying not to be blinded. As I felt the light die down, I re-opened my eyes to be in a room, with 3 people. One was an old man, the other was a girl with dark purple hair, one eye was covered. The last person, I felt like I knew him. He has dark black hair, with an eyepatch covered his left eye. He is wearing a blue hooded jacket. I looked around the room to see all of them in different positions. Suddenly the light came back, as I closed my eyes, the light died down again.

As I opened my eyes I found I was in a different setting, near a frozen river. "Kaneki! Do you know where Ryu is? I can't find he-" an orange-black haired boy called out as he went to were 'Kaneki' is. I let out a strangled cry as I saw what looked like me, half under and half on top the ice. As the ice was cutting my body in half I released a longer strangled cry. "Why!" I yelled out, as tears flooded my eyesight.

I closed my eyes and fell to the floor, hitting my palm onto it, I let out an ear piercing scream.

The setting changed again, to a medical room. My sight was still blurry, as tears slowly fell out the person that looked like my, scanned around the room as it fell on a man with white hair and silver eyes 'Who?' I thought. I looked around the room, to see a window. I walked towards the window and leaned on the wall, to fall down. I looked around too find out I'm in a different room. 

As I scanned the room, I saw a person on a bed, "Please!" the person yelled as others were around it, cutting and slicing, "I don't mean harm!" it yelled as tenticle like things emerged from their back, killing 1 person in the process. My eyes widened as I tried to step away as I fell into a hole.

The next place I ended up, was opposite a jail like room "Who dares come in here!" I looked at the jail, and saw a mere copy of myself, with black eyes and red pupils stare at me, "Oh you." she snarled as I looked around, I tilted my head, "Who are you? If I may ask," I asked calmly as the person laughed. "Hahaha! Are you kidding me? I am you, you are me!" she snarled, bending down on the bars as she gripped onto them.

"You're me?" I asked as I looked confusedly at her, "Well yeah, I mean my name isn't your name. If that's what you are worried about," she smirked as I moved away from the bars, "What's your name then?" I asked shakily, her smirk continued to grow as she stood up properly. Letting me get a better look at her. Instead of my dark purple hair, she had crimson hair, in a pixie cut, she had a shoulder cut hoodie, which was grey. Underneath that, she has a black long-sleeved t-shirt with ripped jeans, with boots as shoes.

"I'm Rin Umeda, nice to meat ya!" she grinned, as she held out her hand. I moved towards her and shook it, "Are you a human?" I stuttered out as her grin disapeared, I tried to pull away, as a dark presence was filled around her. "If I said no, what would you do?" she asked me as I stopped struggleing, I eyed her, "I would try to kill you, most likely," I responded. Looked at her face, I saw tears fall down, "Well, no I am not a human, not all the way anyway." She let out a strained smile as I fell down onto my hands.

-----------------------------

Rin outfit. ^ 

Credit to those who know who it is and where it comes from.