1

No one POVS

It was a cold winter's evening in Japan, Tokyo as a pale girl walked through the 20th ward, moving out of the way of the oncoming people, as the wind started to blow her dark blue hair, as her hazel coloured eyes, shone in the moonlight as it radiated off the windows of passing buildings. Footsteps of people hurrying off the streets, rushing to stay away from those monsters who blend into human lives, these monsters feed off humans or turn to cannibalism. With strength stronger than a human, impenetrable skin, only to be pierced by their own weapons or defensive system, they have implanted in their bodies. Their pupils turn as red as blood, their sclera as dark as night. 

They are known as ghouls. 

Ghouls are on top of the food chain, normally it would be humans, killing animals for fun or for food, but now it's ghouls. Some eat to survive, some kill for fun. While others are peaceful ghouls who wish to live a calm life. These ghouls work at a cafe called Antieku. While some ghouls despise humans, these are called Aogiri Tree. Some Ghouls are just freelancer and eat whenever they get hungry, while some are called gourmet or binge eater, they eat anytime, anywhere. 

Some ghouls have an underground area, where they auction for humans. Some areas they hold a place where they let humans fight humans, and end up eating them.

They could be stood right next to you, under your noses, living with you or your best friend for that matter, like this blue haired girl, her name. Umeda Ryu. A CCG investigator, rank 1. She observes the area, looking for any ghouls, to get information about the peaceful ghouls. You may be thinking. 'Why are they going after the peaceful ghouls?' CCG investigators go after any types of ghouls, there are different ratings of ghouls, going from C, these ghouls have a smaller ability than others they rely on others, B, rank 1 to rank 3 goes after these ghouls they can fend for themselves, A, a first-class investigator these ghouls are stronger than the other two, and can fight off most enemies, unless a higher rating than them, S-, equivalent to an average associate Special class, approximately, S+, equivalent to an average Special class approximately. SS requires multiple Special Class investigators to kill them or imprison them. Most SS rated ghouls get killed though. SSS, these ghouls are critical and criteria is unclear, no one knows how much investigators or what rank to kill them is needed.

In between these ranks are smaller ranks, like SS+ and SS~, S~, A+, A~ and B+. These ghouls can't be ranked with the main few ranks, Ryu, being a rank 1 can only kill the ghouls who are rated B, when with her squad, who's leader is Juuzou Suzuya she can take on A ranks to S ranks depending. 

Ryu walked through the streets, wearing her black trench coat, hood up, trying to cover her unnatural coloured hair, as she gripped onto her guitar case, she looks like a college girl, who plays music, a good target for ghouls. She looked around when she heard a scream and a loud cry. Turning into an alleyway, she sped towards the scream, until a corner where she stopped and hid. Looking around the corner, she saw two ghouls, both male. Looking farther into the younger one, her eyes widened 'A one-eyed ghoul?' she questioned herself. As she looked around, she saw two bloodied bodies on the floor next to the older male, who was holding the boy by the neck, "Did you think you can hunt... On MY feeding grounds?" the male ghoul snarled towards the boy, who was struggling to breathe. Ryu got out her qunique, getting ready to attack, when the younger one spoke, in a raspy voice, heaving out heavy breaths, "L-Look, I-I swear! I-I-I just happen to be passing by," Ryu stayed still, waiting for the perfect timing, ignoring their conversation, until Ryu heard footsteps land on the floor, "Nishiki Nishio," a female voice joined in, as Ryu looked to see the younger boy, on his knees, spitting out blood, "Touka! How nice of you to join us," Nishiki, now he has been named, Ryu gripped her quinque, looking at the three ghouls 'I won't be able to kill them all... But I can kill the weak one,' she grinned as she sneaked in the shadow, as she got closer to the young ghoul, a shard of a kagune pierced in front of her, "Doves!" the female ghoul snarled as she got into a fight position. "Tch. I only tried to get to the weaker ghoul," Ryu talked in a harsh tone, as she held her quinque in the light, the ghoul's eyes transformed into the blood red pupils and dark night sclera, Ryu started to giggle quietly, looking towards the ghouls, as she sped towards the female, who was protected by 'Nishiki' Bikaku, Ryu groaned as she began to run towards the smaller ghoul, when he suddenly looked up, the grey-silver eyes met her hazel eyes as Ryu dodged the oncoming spikes, as she met his eyes again, "Kaneki..." Ryu whispered as she, jumped back into the shadows, retreating. Walking out of the alleyway, she made sure no ghouls followed her as she ran back to the main building, where she knew Juuzou would be. 

'Why is Kaneki a Ghoul...?' ran through her mind, as she reflected on the event that just happened. 'Binge Eater. He smelt like the binge eater!' she finally yelled in her mind as she reached the main building. Getting weird looks from visitors or other investigators, she started to pant heavily, sighing, she begins making her way through the halls, meeting up with some other rank 1 investigators, an emotionless face, as she knocked on Suzuya's office, "Sir?" she asked, waiting patiently for a reply. A small cheery "Yes!" could be heard, as Ryu walked into the office, and did a light bow, "Umeda! What can I do for you?" Suzuya asks as he did his signature smile, Ryu flinched at her family name, "I have found the binge eater, sir," she replied while standing up, her arms beside her body, her hair in a mess. "Really?" Suzuya asks as he stands up from his chair, skipping over to Ryu and starts to hug her, "You aren't hurt are you?" Ryu stays silent as he continues to hug her. "So. Binge eater," Ryu reminds him as he lets go, "She's dead," Suzuya stops, his eyes widdening at the sudden remark, "She's what?" Suzuya asks out of shock, as silence filled the room. Neither of them talked as a creak of the door could be heard, as more light filled the room. 

"Juuzou Suzuya we are having a meeting," a gruff voice called as the man saw the frozen scene. The male looked around the room, in confusion, until he saw Ryu," Ryu, why are you here?" he asked, snapping Juuzou out of his shock, "Arima-San!" he yelled, making his way over to him, "Did you hear our conversation before you came in?" he asked as a hand raised to his head, to salute as Arima shook his head. "No, please explain at the meeting." Suzuya nodded as they both started to leave, Ryu still stood in the room, "Umeda-" Ryu flinched, "You can come with me. I'm sure they'll allow it," Ryu looked towards the door, her eyes and face blank as she nodded. Following the two outside of the door. Going to their meeting.