3

Kaneki POV

I was sat on the floor when I heard hurried knocks. I got up and opened the door, "Hello?" I asked as I saw Ryu look around frantically, she pushed me inside, as she looked out the door again. Slamming it shut, she turned back to me. Looking at my eyes she sighs. I cover my ghoul's eye, "Uncover it Ken," I flinch at my first name, as my hand slid down my face.

3rd person

Ryu stared at Kaneki's eye, moving closer to him, he shrunk down. Her hands moved to his face when footsteps could be heard. Ryu swiftly made it to the door and held it closed. "RYU! I know you're in here, let me in," a voice claims from the other side. Ryu looked back at Kaneki and covered her eye, mouthing *EyePatch!* Kaneki nodded as he rushed somewhere. Ryu opened the door to come face to face with Arima, no sweat covered his face. "Hello..." Ryu mummered as Arima walked in. Kaneki came scrambling back in as he saw Arima. "Ryu who is this?" he asked, scratching his chin. Ryu saw that small movement, and hid a grin, "His name is Arima-Chan! An investigator," She started cheery and excited when her expression grew serious. Kaneki gulped 'An investigator? I know I shouldn't have trusted her! She brought him straight to me!' he yelled in his head. Arima stared in between the two until he kept his eyes on Kaneki. Looking at his features, his black hair spiked in a random pattern across his face, his grey eye looking at him. His other eye was covered in a white eyepatch. 'Eyepatch... Huh,' Arima stated in his mind. "Ryu, why are you here?" he asks in a monotone voice, as Ryu tensed.

Her face shows fear towards Kaneki, but suddenly changes, in an instant, as she faces Arima, "I was making sure Kaneki was ok sir, I heard about the recent ghoul attack happening around his area." Ryu replied in a hurry, as her voice began to tremble. Arima raised one of his eyebrows, he nodded and raised his hand, "Bye."

As Arima leaves the apartment, Ryu growls, "Kaneki..." Ken stops as his foot is placed on the window, Kaneki's eye widens as Ryu held him against the wall. Struggling, he coughed, "Why are you trying to escape? Do you think I broke your trust? Is that it?" Ryu said calmly, inside she was screaming and crying. 'HE DOESN'T TRUST ME! DOESN'T- TRuSt ME!' TrUsT MeEeEeEeeeeeEEEEEEE!' Her head screamed. Kaneki's mouth opened to reply when she let out a heart-wrenching scream. 

Ryu POV

 'He doesn't trust me? WHY! I HAVE KNOWN HIM FOREVER! SINCE I WAS 5! He doesn't trust me, is it because of Arima? Is it because I hunt his own sp- WHAT AM I SAYING! HE'S HUMAN!' my head pounded, gripping my head tightly, more screams left my throat. Kaneki stood there shocked until I felt hands on my cheeks. My eyes are clenched close, as tears flooded out. Feeling the softness of the hands, my screams stopped. My throat dry of the screaming, my arms aching, my head pounded. 

My head felt as if there was a herd of horses pounding on the floor, I flopped onto the floor, as my breaths became heavy. "W-Water" my hoarse voice stated, as I reached for the tap. Kaneki scrambled for a cup and quickly filled it up with water. Carefully placing the cup on the floor, and lifting me up into a seated position, my hands shakily reached out for the cup "No," Kan- Ken stated harshly, he puts the cup up to my mouth as I took gulps of water, "Slow down!" 

I growled as I slowed down, "Ryu, what was that?" Kaneki asked me, as I took heavy breaths. Waving my hand, telling him to drop it, as I steadily slid up the wall. "I need to go..." I mumbled I stumbled towards the door, as I held onto the doorknob, "Let me take you, please!" Kaneki yelled at me, as I nodded. Lifting me up, he walked me out of the door.

------ TIME SKIP! ------

We were in front of the CCG building, as Kaneki led me inside again when Marude stopped us "Umeda, who is this?" he asks, crossing his arms over his chest, my face had an emotionless mask on as I replied, "He is my friend, he helped me to get here when I suddenly collapsed. Ok?" he tch'ed at me as he motioned to go through. Kaneki's body stiffened as I sighed, "Just go, you'll be fine." He nodded towards me. As we passed the RC detectors, Kaneki's held breath flew out of his mouth, as I signalled towards the right corridor.

We walked through the long hall when we reached some stairs. Looking up the stairs I felt dizzy. Grabbing my head with my free arm I hissed, "What's wrong?" Kaneki asks as he steadies me to a wall. I shook my head, standing up again as I walked towards the stairs, basically falling up, I groaned, "Not again," I mumbled. I turned towards Kaneki, as I sighed, "Kaneki, can you ask for Arima?" I asked him as he nodded, he ran away after that.

-- MINI TIME SKIP-- 

Being alone for what seems like an hour, only 10 minutes, my eyes became fuzzy, and I panicked, what happened after this?? This has never happened! I heard the hurried footsteps of two people. 'Arima? Kaneki??' I asked to myself, as black dots filled my vision, white and black hair satrted to show arount the corner as I black out.

Kaneki POV --Before Blacking out--

I ran, ran for my life to find this Arima guy, the one who I met at MY apartment! I ran and ran, until I knocked into someone, "Excuse me" I bowed my head as I heard a gruff voice, "You're the one that was with Ryu weren't you?" I looked up to see Arima. I nodded my head as I remembered 'RYU!' I grabbed his arm and started to drag him, "HEY!" He shouted at me, "It's Ryu! She was dizzy!" I shouted back at him, as he ran double the speed I was going.

I had trouble keeping up as we rounded the corner to the stairs, I saw Ryu's eyes close. "N-NO!" I yelled as I knelt beside her.

"Ryu..."