Its only a game

At first, it was heading straight for the pins.
But towards the end, it curved and slid into the gutter before it could even knock a single pin down.

Sakura, who was rooting for me facepalmed and sighed out loud.
Ino flipped her blonde ponytail smugly, grinning as she made way for Sasuke to bowl next.

Karin was cheering Sasuke on as he aimed and fired his shot. As always, the ball was going strong. But it seemed like he didn't give it even of a throw as the ball slowed down and swerved to the gutter. Sasuke sat back onto his seat, after having no reaction to his gutter ball. "Sasuke.. you had all strikes until now! Did you sprain your wrist?" Karin sat down beside him, giving herself excuses to touch his wrist and hold his hand.

"I'm fine, I'm tired of this game. It's not worth the effort anymore." Sasuke clicked his tongue, annoyed as he withdrew his hand from Karin's clutches.
"Don't be upset, Sasuke-baby! It's only a game!" Karin clung her hands around his neck as his cold stare was fixated on me.
"You're right. It's only a game." He murmured.

I quickly turned away, pretended I didn't eavesdrop on them by accident. As I diverted my attention to Kiba who was walking up to grab a ball.
It was now his turn to bowl and gave himself his first strike. He applauded himself and I high-fived him. Sakura continued her strike spree as well. It was my final turn and I was still in last place. I've knocked a few pins down but never had a strike or a spare.

This was my last chance to do so!

I slotted my fingers into the ball, inhaling and exhaling deeply. My eyes aiming for the middle of the lane, staring dead at the pins. I lightly swung my ball back, eyes still on the target.

"Idiot. Your arm is too stiff." A hand delicately held my arm that was ready to roll the ball, repositioning it. Looking behind me, my face was so close to Sasuke's. He continued whispering in my ears. "Like this." Sasuke guided my arm and we released the ball together. It rolled firmly and staying in the middle lane.

And smashing down all the pins at once with a solid blow.
It was a strike!

"Sasuke! I did it! We did it!" I turned to him, embracing him excitedly. Jumping for joy as my arms wrapped around his neck. For a split second, I caught him cracking a smile.

I released my hold of him and cleared my throat. Collecting myself as I realised I got too carried away and now it was awkward between us again.
"T-Thanks, Sasuke." I sheepishly uttered as my eyes couldn't seem to meet his. I could feel my face heating up.
I didn't know what else to say.

"Nice work." He congratulated me, before shoving his hands into his pockets.

Then, my brain finally decided to work and I thought of something to say.

".. Couldn't have done it without you." I stuttered quietly but looking up I watched his back getting further and further away from me. I realised he was already walking away from me.

Damn. My tensed shoulders finally relaxed, and I heaved a deep sigh.

The rest of the match was went well, Sakura won in the end. Meanwhile, Sasuke left after that interaction, and the girls followed along.

I finally got home, it was already pretty dark. Itachi was washing up the dishes. It looked like they just had their dinner. "Hey Naruto. It's been quite awhile since I saw you. Is everything okay? You haven't been eating with us-"

"Yeah, I'm okay! Just really busy studying for the finals!" I couldn't allow him enough time to finish his sentence, the longer I was out here gives me a higher probability of bumping into the other Uchiha.