Crossing the line

School was uneventful without Sakura or Sasuke. And soon enough, it was the end of it. Kiba also suggested, we should visit Sakura and see if she's doing okay. I obviously agreed, though as much as I wanted to go home and check in on Sasuke as well. I hope he is alright too.

I was reluctant to text either of the Uchiha brothers because I didn't want to express my concern.

Kiba and I took a bus to Sakura's place. We rang her doorbell and Sakura's mother opened the door for us. "Ah! Kiba and Naruto! Long time no see, how are my favourite boys doing?" She greeted and welcomed us, her mother was always so friendly and smiley. We would go over to each other's houses every once in a while, so her mother was very familiar with us and treated us like her own.

She hugged us as we replied we were doing well before questioning about Sakura.

"So nice to see so many people care for her. One of her classmates is here as well. I haven't seen him in such a long time!" Sakura's mother exclaimed and my heart immediately dropped to the ground.

Another classmate?
Could it be..

Kiba and I climbed up the stairs leading to the floor her room was at. My hands slid on the wood railings of the stairs, slowly making my way up to her room. I was scared, my heart was beating so fast and I don't know why. Would it be that horrible if Sakura and Sasuke got back together?

Or.. what if this was all a ploy to use me to reunite with Sakura?

My thoughts consumed me so much that I didn't realize I had my hand on her doorknob already. Kiba knocked on the door, but even before he could land his second knock, I barged into the room.

Kiba was taken aback, but the people in front of me were even more surprised. It was Sakura.

And... Sasuke.

She was laying in bed as he was on a chair seated right beside her. "Sakura! How could you do this?!" I yelled, causing a big scene. I stormed in and pushed hard at Sasuke, causing him to fall off his seat. "You told me you wouldn't go back to this asshole. How could you skip classes for him?!" I stood by her bedside, fuming with anger. Kiba tried to intervene and calm me down but it was useless.

I turned to Sasuke, "And you.. I told you Sakura is off limits. I respected your plea but you couldn't respect mine! What do you take me for?! A fool?! A tool?!" I continued the shouting. I felt so betrayed by two people I trusted.

"Sakura is very weak right now, can you take your screaming elsewhere? She needs to rest." Sasuke got up and brushed me off coldly.

"Yeah.. Naruto. I'm sure this is a misunderstanding. Sakura does look sick.." Kiba pointed out her worn out eyes and pale lips. She was just looking upset and shaking her head. Her movements were slow and frail. She coughed, "No.. Naruto." Her voice all cracked and dry.

"Forget it, Sakura. He's a waste of our breath." He shushed her. My eyes shot at him, glaring deadly. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the house. Surprisingly, he allowed me to. I guess he just wanted me out of that room. Kiba followed along, probably afraid that a physical fight would break out knowing the Uchiha's temper.

"How could you do this to me?" I frowned, hurt and disappointed.
"I didn't do anything to you."
".. You're so fucking ungrateful."
"You're overreacting when you don't even know what happened." He responded indifferently, eyes locking with mine.

"All I know is, I did my part of what I promised you and you couldn't even keep your word."
I agreed to play his game and agreed to be careful about his brother's feelings.

He firmly grasp my arm, "Listen to me. -" I slapped his hand off me before he could continue. I could see I was testing the Uchiha's patience, Kiba was already on guard.

He inhaled and exhaled slowly and deeply, his hands falling to his side. After taking deep breaths to calm himself, he cleared his throat. "I saw Sakura just outside of school. She looked very pale and unwell. So I brought her to her house and took care of her. What's the big deal?"

I assumed he was a little later than Kiba and I and he caught Sakura. I'm sure despite running a fever she still insisted on going to school.. Sasuke must have had a hard time convincing her to go home.

"Thanks, but no thanks. You could have easily called me." I wasn't buying his excuse. He clearly saw an opportunity to get close to Sakura again and he took it.

"I know you don't like missing school and you already did so yesterday. That's why I didn't." His lies were aggravating. He's trying to make it look as though he did it for my sake but I know how he is really like. I am not buying this act.

"Sakura's is my best friend, she's my responsibility! Not yours!" I just needed to distant them. I know why he did it. He should have called. I would have cut class in a heartbeat just to make sure my best friend is alright. It was not necessary for Sasuke to send her home!

Kiba slid between us, interrupting our little argument. "C'mon, Naruto. This time, I really gotta side with the asshole. You're kinda being the asshole now."

"You don't get it, Kiba! It was a deal!"

The tallest student pulled me into him and covered my mouth with both of his hands, "Stop it, idiot. You're crossing the line."

I tried battling him off, attempting to escape his grips. But it failed. My words slipped through his fingers, "You crossed it first!" It was muffled but he could make out what I said because I announced it so strongly.

"Alright, you two. I knew something was up! What is this agreement I keep hearing about?" Kiba started getting serious, folding his arms and eyeing down both of us.

I stopped fighting Sasuke, now in freezing in place at his suspicion.

How do I explain this mess I've gotten into?