Jealous of my jerkiness

I turned once more on the bed. I was constantly staring at my new phone. Why hadn't he called?  We had decided that he'll tell mommy and daddy that I had to spend some time with Mia and so I was staying with her. He'd try to make us work. As said by him.

I opened my laptop to work for sometime. God knows. I really thought that he wouldn't look for me and I will get back to work in a few days. I missed my life. Like this.
Mom was going overboard now. I had a talk with her and she sang her usual song of the present generation being ill mannered and idiotic. She was still angry and I just found it agitating that she she extended the matter for so long. It was not this big. Dad talked to me a bit. They themselves are creating distance between us and then they'll say that we are mannerless. Hypocrisy.

I was behaving like a hormonal teenager. I would think that I would tell him that. I would tell him this and ask this and then when I'm talking to him, my lips just purse. I hit myself lightly on the head and shook my head.

Andy was still being a b!tch. I would manage him though.
Suddenly, life had stopped being felt like a burden. I was seeing hope which I'd given up. I was still thinking of my decision. But he seemed sincere and I would not deny that staying outside the door for so many days is something.

My phone rang as I typed on my laptop. "Shh." I muttered and finished the statement that I was typing. So many years and programming still excited me.
"Hi." I muttered as I picked up.
"Where were you?" Jerk.
"On a date." I retorted.
"I was afraid you know." He snapped back.
"Now I don't see how that's my problem." I replied.
"Meet me dear. I'll show how it is." He replied. I smiled at dear.

"Why did you call?" I said when is decided that there was no need to continue the silence thinking about what to say.
"When are you coming to meet mom and dad?" He asked.
"Mom and dad or someone else?" I bit my tongue.
"Ahuh. Someone is in a..."
"I mean ...."
"I know what you mean. But it was you who thought of not meeting me." He faked hurt.
"Shut up. I was thinking that I could come and meet them tomorrow." I said as I received a message.
"What about we..... go out somewhere day after? It's a Friday so I think you'll be free?" He said.
I discarded the thoughts of the message as I thought of something.

~~~Steve's POV~~~

"As in a date?" The sudden modulation in her voice made me a bit more nervous. Did I do the right thing? Did I rush?

"I mean lets go out. You choose if you like a date or an outing." Steve... Idiot.
"Alright." She said. I remained quiet. Shall I tell her that I missed her?

When I can see her, I feel very powerful because she gets flushed. But when I don't see her, I wonder what her expression will be like.

Goodness. She's maddening. Beautifully maddening.

"Bye then." She said.
I sighed. Say something more.

"Good night. Dream about me." I smiled.
"Good night." She replied.

I concentrated on my work.

I hope everything goes fine.
•••

"Hello Daddy." She chirped as she hugged him.
"Hello Eve." He hugged her back.
"I hope my son didn't trouble you. Enjoyed?" He asked.
"Yes daddy. A lot." She looked away.
"The answer was for the first one or the second?" I asked as I kept a hand on her shoulder.
"Both." She replied smiling at me. I can look at that smile for years.