The 'deal'

This chapter is dedicated to @mercy198 for her consideration. Check out her book, I personally love it and she is an amazing author.

~~Eve's POV~~

I tried hard to concentrate but my mind, I hate it at times. My love seemed to have forgotten me. My phone was lying beside me and buzzed several times signalling texts from Andy. Talking about my love, yeah it didn't come to me that night. At all. I was alone on my comfy bed feeling lonely without my love.

Yeah my love.

Sleep. (Cmon which girl doesn't love sleep, huh??😁)

***
I was sitting in my office feeling tired though it was just 11. Mr.WholeGlass had texted me about the time and place. God, please make the ground swallow me whole. Please.
Pretty please.

"May I come in ma'am ?"
I retrieved from my slumped position.
"Yes"
The door opened revealing an anxious looking Tori.
"Ma'am I'm extremely sorry to disturb you but this is really important." She said with an apologetic smile.
"Go ahead " I said.
"Ma'am there is an unknown account which has not been tracked, sending stupid and illogical messages." She told me with an irritated expression.
"What kind of messages? Precisely.." I asked while I continued typing.
"People do whatever they want. You can't do anything. You people are useless...." she replied.
"On the homepage?" I asked. You must be thinking that how I'm the head when I don't know anything. Oh no I don't just laze around. I've to sign different files, recruit members, meet people, manage affairs, look after internship programs,.. OK sorry no rantings. Yeah.

"No ma'am, personal messages." She replied.
"Account name?" I said opening the search tab.
"Just initials, M.M." she replied.
"You may leave."
I searched and tried to open this account. You know we have all the passwords. Perks of owning the website you know.
I scrolled through th account while my phone started ringing.
Hello I spoke.
Hey pretty face. Someone replied.
Who are you ugly voice? I retorted.
Aww we met just few days ago. Remember the handsome guy called Alex. Ew.
Oh hi Alex. I'm busy with my boyfriend right now and trust me he has a thing to kill people. I faked pride.
Are you threatening me sweetie? No no I'm proposing you. Nincompoop.
Kinda yes. Now don't dare call again. I said and hung up.
Oh god. How many numbers he has! I reported this number to spam and continued with my work.

I had to return home by 3:45 because of the date. Ughgh. My work is suffering. So I pushed it somehow to four.
My room was preoccupied by mom, Lilly and Ava. Each of them holding different dresses. I won't waste time on description and I know it'll be boring when I'm not gonna wear them.
"Eve see this dress." Mom said waving a dress.
"What about this one?" Ava said holding a dress. Oh dear. My tomboy cares. But this is not the right time.
"No you're gonna wear this one." Lil said showing me an off shoulder dress.
"I can choose my own clothes girls. Let me." I said.
"No you're not." They screamed.
I rushed into the washroom and yelled through the deafening knocks," Mum, bring me food or I'll drown in hunger."
"Eve you are st... crazy."Mom yelled back but agreed nonetheless.

"Lil can you go to the guestroom to bring my makeup kit. Don't return without it." I shouted again.
"You have a kit? Makeup kit?" She asked.
No. "Yes. Now go." I replied.
I came out finally to see Ava standing alone in my room.
"Ava I don't want this. Help me please." I held her hands to add effects.
"Stop it. You have to be strong. You can do it." She said.
"You don't understand. I'll lose my freedom." I said opening my closet.
"No you will not. Remember the book 'Devil for a husband'. Did Caden lose her freedom? Blaze also fell for her. And do you deny the fact that all the guys who've known you properly, have fallen for you?" She said.
"That was a romantic novel. It's my life. It's ..... different. We hate each other badly. Plus no way is he getting to know me. I don't want this." I said pulling out a maroon bell sleeved top and simple denim jeans.