I'm coming for you..

I walked out from my cabin whose condition was deranged.
Walking upto the elevator, I found it stuck. Who the bloody ****** hell used it now?

The stairs guided me down. I was rushing when I heard whispers. Two floors under mine.
"We brought you here to sort there relation out. To play the Cupid. But what...." Rick and his idiotic manners.
I'll fire him once the fire in me is settled.

The next voice made my long strides stop.
"But I did what I could. She did not.." Llan.

I opened the door to his room and strode to him. Grabbing him by the collar I shoved him into the floor. Climbing on the top of him once I'd opened my coat buttons, I punched him in the face. Repeatedly. Continuously boxing him until he started bleeding. Shocked at his not reacting and over that my behaviour, I kept hitting him, ignoring Rick who was pulling me back.
Once his face felt lifeless, I shook him and got up.

"Steve!" Rick hollered.
Llan clutched his head, his heavy breathing making me aware that my task was still left. I took out the gun and pointed it at him, pulling the action.
"Steve calm down."
"Shut **** up. I will kill him." I growled.
"SJ." He breathed trying to sit up.
I kicked his shin.

"Ow!" He stammered again.
"Steve please....For Eve's sake." I threw the gun at Llan.
"Stand up Wright." Rick helped him up.
"SJ listen to me. Please."
"What is left to be said Landon? What? That you tricked my woman into your trap. Made her feel that you love her. Took her away from me? Making her give me a..."
I shouted.

"SJ had I had any such intentions, I'd not have silently endured this pain." He pointed at his bleeding face.
"Trust me."
"Oh no. I don't trust. I don't forgive. Did you forget? I just destroy."
I plunged at him again.
He held my hands tightly. The force we both exerted causing our hands to vibrate.
"Hear me out and then kill." He slurred.
"Just for her safety." He tried to extinguish the fire in me with those words but what he forgot was that he was oiling the flames.
"You don't need to care." My anger superseding and pushing him.
"Stop it." Rick climbed at the top of the me.
"Move away." I grunted.
"Please. Eve won't like it. Please." I closed my eyes.
Her smile flashed across my eyes.
I breathed heavily.
"SJ I swear I've no hand in it. Please just here me out. I'm trying this because you guys need someone."
"Bark." I spat.
"Not here. Come with us to your place." Rick said helping him up.
"|3@$tard you broke my jaw." Llan said.

"Be thankful that you're able to walk." I growled. We went to my house. It was quarter to nine in the evening. Mom and dad were having dinner.
"Steve, Rick and Andy? Best friends Union?" Mom asked.
"Yeah Mrs Jayce. Something like that." Rick said and rushed us.

"See first of all listen to us. Don't start behaving like animals." Rick said as Llan applied an ice pack.
"Spill."
"I knew that you had been married to Eve since the starting. The moment I saw your picture, I told Matt that I knew you. He told me to be silent. They wanted this to be a secret to you. When your relationship didn't improve over the first few months, they called me to help you up by playing the Cupid. It was all just an act to show you that I met you here and got to know that it was you. I might have had some feelings for her in the past but I swear I don't have any now. She is just my best friend. I've been close to her family because after mom and dad died, they were the ones who practically brought me up. But I assure you there is nothing between us. We don't see each other as that. But I've seen you looking at each other. And that's the reason I want you to be together. I've seen Eve getting hurt all her life. That was the problem with her. She herself was innocent and so she believed everyone else to be. She trusted way too easily. And she got cheated on every time. People claimed to be her friends. Claimed to like her. But all of them cheated. They just used her as they wished and left her. She was very firm about her commitment. She was never committed. She had likings for some guys but never loved anyone. They used to harm her mentally. They'd do things which would cause her diversion in studies. They'd try to spoil her reputation. They'll show that they cared a lot and when she needed them, they withdrew. She helped them monetarily. Giving away her own money. Helping them in studies. Helping them gain confidence. And then they'd just spread rumours about her. Claim that she's a *****. Guys tried to flirt with her. She never paid attention. They'd get a recognition of being important to the Evelyn Stanford, but once they are done, they'd just start making it difficult for her to live. People copied her notes and stole her exam sheets. Just so that she couldn't pass. They'd lock her books up so she couldn't study. They'll accuse her of immoral things which she couldn't even think about. When she was in college, she had changed but not enough. There also she had a fight with Matt and his group. After a few days, she was trailed by a a group of boys and stalked. They were close to kidnapping her but she was saved. And the worst part was that the leader was one of Eve's good friends. She met a guy who was very caring. I kept telling her to stay away from him but she refused. They became best friends. He behaved so nicely around her and acted as if he liked her. She began liking him a little. He began to push her. Push her in doing things. She refused and so he went on a mission to harm her. When she started working she was again deceived by people. They tricked her and tried to take away what she had. And that's how she changed. Changed. She is a bitch to everyone. But at the same time she is still a child. You know that Swan?"
I nodded finding my jaw clenched.
"You know he also did that. He asserted that he loved her. She found him nice. They had been friends since two years and when he asked her out, she said yes. That ***********. Invited her to his house. She went and what she finds? Him kissing the queen bee in a house party. The whole college looking at them and admiring. He smirked at her. Teasing her. She smiled and just told him that might be he just realised that he couldn't get her and got who he deserved."
"Did she like him?"
"Quite enough."
"Did she not beat him up?" Surprisingly, Rick spoke.
"She never hurt people who hurt her. Someone insult her or cause any sort of harm to her dear ones. She destroys them. You know even if Mitchell gets free now, his business is over. He has been black listed. Your company might have received the government documents." Rick nodded.
"She doesn't hate easily. But when she does, she doesn't show mercy. Merciless. You can't force her physically SJ. Never. She has been into so many fights all these years. She'd rather die. But never will she give in by heart. She might act, joke and kid. She's ...."
She's perfect. I thought out loud.

"No she's not perfect. She is clumsy. She is messy and she shouts a lot. She is stubborn." He said.
"She's perfect for me."
"We know." He said.

"I had a fight with her some days back. Today I saw the papers in her hand and again we had a fight. We are not talking." He said making me stunned.
"But a few days back I saw you lying on the bed, pulling her along with you." I said, massaging my forehead.
"When?" He asked shocked.
"That night. My last to last visit." I tried to make him remember.
"Oh! Idiot. Did you beat me up because of that?" He asked angrily.
"Yeah. Partly. So?"
"*******. Your wife made me unconscious and laid me down just so that she could do what she wanted. And you come and beat me up." He yelled.
"What?"
"She gave blood for the blood bank when there was a need. I asked her not to because just a month back she had a wound. But she is so stubborn that she won't listen. I don't know what she did but I fainted." He told me.
I looked at him carefully.
"And SJ once more you hit me and I'll forget that you are the man my best girl is married to. I'll punch your guts." He threatened.
I narrowed my eyes.
"Show this anger to her. Not to me. Bloody murderer." He spat.
"Whatever." I said clutching my throbbing head.
"Go find her." Rick said.
"But I don't know where she is." I said.
"Did she leave any message?" Llan asked.
"Yeah. But asking me not to hunt for her." I said and he started laughing.
"How can you be so bloody damn casual about it. It's not a trivial matter." I grunted.
"Your problem. Your life. Settle it. For records, I don't know where she is. And yeah, she can harm herself." Llan said and got up.
"We are not helping." He completed.
"I don't need your help." I retorted.

"I'll handle the Layla matter. You go for Eve. Don't let her go." Rick said and he nodded.

"But remember you can't encage a bird." With this they strode out.
Leaving me to find my life. My life. Her.

I scurried to her room. It was seeming darker than usual. No brightness. In fact everything seemed dark. I went to her side table to find her picture frame missing, and the ring kept there beautifully.

The ring. Her ring.

I called the body guards whom I'd appointed for her.
All of them were waiting on their respective locations and the one who had to go around with her had to use restroom in that damned moment she left.

Her car!
The idea flashed in my head. Might be her car still had the GPS.
I installed the app in my new phone and entering the required data, I found it. It was there. Somewhere in the outskirts.

Yes. I'm coming. Coming for you my life.

-------------------------------------

Hey berries!
How are you my lovelies? And how was the chappie? Hope you liked it!

Love you all so much. I thought you'll believe it was the end. Really. But most of the texts and comments I received were saying that I can't do it and update soon. Thanks a lot.

And really sorry for the delay. I'll be regular now. And probably, if the votes and comments are steady, I might update twice a week.

So? Anything new? Tell me.

Thanks for reading!

VOTE & COMMENT!

XOXO❤️