The End.

"He is stable now."

It had been four days since that information had been given to me. Andy had not spoken to me. I hadn't met Mr Jayce and had no intention to do so.

Mia had met me everyday since then and it was she who did all the talking when we went to meet Uncle Carter.
I was void of everything. I didn't feel anything. Just helpless. I wanted so desperately to talk to Andy. But he didn't listen to me. Matt had gone with Lilly to LA and Ava was finally committed to Dean. Phill talked to me at times but nothing special.  I was really surprised and not in a good manner. My own parents cared not to talk to me.

What was the use of this life? I know I was just pulling it for I had Mia. There was no purpose. Just one piece of paper was arriving and as much as I tried to be brave, I was silently afraid. It would be a very big decision but when did I care. Rather when did anyone care before doing what they wanted? No one.

I was not willing to do anything. I'd signed the files at office and done nothing else. Cancelled all my meetings, all the appointments. Just wanted to lay back and stare at the ceiling. What was going to happen when the truth comes out?

After so many years, when I had begun to believe that there was someone who cared for me, someone whom I could trust, ignoring all the warnings my brain gave, I ended up wrong.
Wasn't he just too hard for someone who claimed to be there for me? Didn't he just say it all too easily? Really? Why was my heart so immature? Why did it always get melted easily?

As if you melted easily..

Oh I did.

You didn't. Might be he didn't mean all that. And he himself said he wasn't interested in her.

Oh for duck's sake. Stop defending him. He just said all that and you do what? Don't you feel ashamed?
Ashamed of what? Ashamed of saying what your true heart beats for?

I'm not up for rubbish.
The memory of last day came to me when I was sitting as lonely as ever, on the bench and my heart suddenly felt heavier for a cologne had seeped inside it, through my olfactory channels.

I did not look up. I felt him walking towards Uncle Carter's room, ignoring me. Suddenly, a girl collided with him and spilt something on his oh so black shoes. He studied his shoes and then the girl who cowered back.
"I'm really sorry sir. I ... I was in a hurry." She rambled stammering.

He kept staring at her. Idiot she is afraid.
"It's alright." He said and walked away. He'll be polite to everyone. He has a problem with me.
It pained further more to see that he didn't even acknowledge me.

I still remembered how he bandaged my wound on our wedding night. The way he pushed my hand away when I dared to stop him. Then how he took me to the hospital when I fainted and shouted at me for being careless. The way he tightened his grip and introduced me as his girlfriend. How he reached out to me when Mitchell had kidnapped me. He saved me that day. Taking all the load on himself and asking me softly if I was alright. Bringing me to home when I was adamant and silently drugging me so that I don't feel pain. Even in the hospital he didn't let the doctor test me until I wanted. Repetitively asking if I was alright. The way he pushed me against the glass wall, saying that I was his wife and pulling away when I acted.
I tried to forget how he had talked to me that night, tickling me till I gave in. Helping me with my coat the next morning and then our fight.

I couldn't not remember how he came to my head quarters just to see if I was fine. Then arriving at my birthday and obviously that night. I couldn't overlook the small gestures past all these months. Waiting for me at the table for breakfast, however late I was. Keeping a regular check on me. I knew he had some people allotted for that. He expected me not to know but I knew. I was a gangster seriously. Couldn't he understand? I knew. He was the one who always ensured that there was a box of orange juice in the house. Number of times I'd myself seen him bringing and keeping it inside the fridge. Asking me to visit doctor whenever there was anything which could cause me pain.