Chapter 14

The boys stepped back as the little girl looked at them. She tilted her head and looked at the boys with wide scary eyes.

"Anyone got water?" Nathaniel stepped back with the boys. He was at the back, wanting to be the first to run in case the girl decided to attack.

"Water?" The girl spoke, causing the boys to freeze and look at her strangely. "Yeah, I've got water."

"Are you... Normal?" Ivan asked. He didn't want to step forward, in case the girl was fooling them.

"Omg, I'm glad I've found some normal people," the girls sighed with relief. "I was pretending to be a monster so I could escape."

"You see, they locked me and some other kids up at the basement in a cage," the girl continued. "Lots of kids have tried to escape, bit they couldn't make it. The monsters eventually got them.

"But then I got this idea to pretend to be a monster, and that's what has been keeping me alive for the past two days."

"But what about the other kids?" Max asked. "You're not going to try to get them out?" He didn't understand what was exactly going on, but he wanted to know why the girl was trying to save only herself.

"Do you know how hard it is to try to get a bunch of kids to escape this terrifying place?" The girl asked. She sighed. "I planned to escape, then call the police or something. The person who has been capturing and locking us up is an akumatized villain. You know, I'm surprised Ladybug and Cat Noir aren't here yet."

"Ah, we should have called the police when we got here," Kim groaned, then he turned back to the girl.

"My name is Emma, and I've been stuck in here for about a week or two," the girl introduced herself then she held up her hand. No on dared to shake it.

"It's okay if you don't want to shake it. I wouldn't want to shake it either," Emma shrugged. "Anyway, just wanted to ask. How did you guys get stuck in here?"

No one said anything. It was silent for a few seconds, before the girl shrugged again.

"Well, I'll be on my way." She started walking away, putting on her evil smile she had on in the first place.

"F... Food..." She said in the best monstrous voice she could. She also walked like a zombie, fake blood dripping out of her mouth.

"You know we should try that as well," Nino said. "It will be easier for us to walk around then."

The others nodded, thinking it was a good plan. At least... They hoped it would be a good plan.

-

"Please help us..."

"Save us. We'll get eaten..."

"Are you here to get us out?"

Marinette and the others stared at the many kids that were in the cage with Adrien. They looked normal. No blood dripping out of their mouth. No evil grin that meant they were going to eat them.

They were normal...

Marinette turned to look at the unknown person, that was still wearing a black. "Who... Who are these kids?"

The Unknown Person didn't answer. Instead she grabbed ahold of Marinette, her long nails getting deeper into her skin.

"Adrienkins, I'm here to save you!" Chloe yelled. Adrien didn't seem to hear her, so she tried again, telling him she was about to get him out. Again Adrien didn't reply. In fact, he paid no attention to Chloe, as if she wasn't even there.

In his eyes, she wasn't there. He couldn't see her. He could see Marinette, who was been held by the Unknown Person. All he saw were lots of other kids around him and the Unknown Person acting as if she was holding a person.

Chloe sighed, letting go of the bars. This is what I really don't get. Why can't the boys just see us?!

The Unknown Person threw Marinette to the floor. "You... Since you're here... Why not... We... Begin... The... Fun?..."

They frowned. Unknown Person grabbed unto Chloe, opening the cage, she flunged her inside.

"Hey!" Sabrina yelled. "Let my friend go!"

Unknown Person turned to her. Then finally she showed a wide grin, the blood escaping from her teeth.

Finally she pulled off her hood, and everyone gasped at the sight that was in front of them.

Ladybug?!