Chapter 3

The door leading inside The Building suddenly opened. The girls peered inside to see who had opened it, but they saw no one.

"John, take my bags inside," Chloe ordered at the man that had been following them.

John nodded, and stepped inside first. Chloe and Sabrina followed, along with the other girls.

"This place doesn't feel right," Marinette muttered, though Alya heard her and asked why.

"It's so cold in here," Alix answered for her. "How do the kids do it? Do they have to wear jackets or something?"

"Oh stop whining!" Chloe yelled. "Be glad that you at least got in!"

Wow, a lot of girls... And a man?! I thought I said no males allowed! I would have to get to him first!

-

Rose suddenly bolted up from her bed. She looked around, as if her room was the strangest thing ever. Then she looked at the time.

Oh no! I slept in, I bet the girls have already moved on the road. How could I have slept in at such a day like this?!

A part of her felt upset that she couldn't hang out with her buddies, but a part of her was really glad she wasn't going.

She got out of bed and headed downstairs. Ah, such a bright and sunny Wednesday. What should I do now that my girls aren't here to hang?

Oh I forgot there was school today. The girls are lucky to be skipping a school day to babysit.

After she had prepared, Rose said her goodbyes to her parents and headed out for a school.

"Hey Rose, have you seen Alya?" Nino asked, running up to her.

"She didn't tell you?" Rose shook her head. "She went to The Building to babysit some kids along with Marinette, Alix, Mylene and Juleka."

Nino laughed. "Don't be silly. Seriously, where is she?"

Rose frowned. "But I wasn't joking."

Nino put on a straight face, looking at Rose as if she was crazy. "You're serious?" Rose nodded. Nino quickly grabbed a book out from his locker. "I was just reading about The Building!"

Rose didn't get him. "So what?"

"Why would Alya go to such a dark place?" Nino asked, basically yelling, "and bring her friends along?!"

"Nino, calm down, you're scaring me," Rose said, frightened, backing away. "What's wrong with The Building?"

"The Building isn't such an ordinary building," Nino explained, handing Rose the book that had the title The Building.

Rose flipped through some pages, coming to a lot of creepy pictures of The Building.

"It's not an ordinary building?" She asked, looking up at Nino, who still looked shocked and scared. "What's wrong with it?"

Then Nino helped her flip to a page she hadn't seen. She gasped at it. There was The Building...

And a cut off head beside it...

"20 years ago The Building was such a happy place," Nino explained. "Not so much now. We have to stop the girls before they step inside."

"But it would be already too late," Rose said, breathing heavily. "They left in, like, 3 hours ago. It takes an hour to get there."

"I'll gather some few boys and we'll be heading straight for that building." Rose nodded as she watched Nino run off, talking to different boys.

Rose looked at the picture again. If what Nino says is true, then... The girls are really in trouble!...!