Chapter 2

"I'm so glad they let us interview them!" Chungha exclaimed excitedly as they walked down the street.

    Hani giggled. "I'm pretty sure the owner only allowed it because he totally thought you were pretty."

    "You think so?" Chungha flipped her hair dramatically. "Maybe I should go back and start taking some dance lessons."

    The two laughed joyfully.

    "Well I think this will make a great article." Hani assured. "Write it well, and CEO Park will publish it, without a doubt."

    Chungha wrapped her arm around Hani in a half-hug. "Maybe this will finally be my breakout story!" she cheered, seemingly hopeful.

    "Let's keep our fingers crossed."

    They turned the corner and continued walking.

    "My parents' bookstore is right up there," said Hani. "Do you want to stop in with me?"

    Chungha gave Hani a thumbs-up, and they entered the store. They looked around for Hani's father, but it seemed that he wasn't anywhere to be found.

    "Awww look at him," Chungha said while pointing towards the corner.

    A little boy sat alone in the corner, with his eyes focused on a comic book. He looked like he was no older than 8.

    Hani smiled when she saw the boy. "His name is Yejoon," she said. "He comes here all the time."

    "You know him?" Chungha asked.

    "Yeah!" Hani replied. "He started coming here about a year ago. He came in one day and asked me to help him find the comic book section. I asked why he came alone, and he said his dad works all the time, so he just stays home all by himself, bored."

    "What about his mom?" Chungha questioned.

    "She died in a car accident 2 years ago," Hani said, the smile slowly leaving her face. "I guess we're kind of alike in that way."

    Chungha patted Hani's back reassuringly.

    Hani snapped back to reality. "Yejoon!" She called out to the boy.

    Yejoon looked up from his comic book and his face immediately lit up when he saw Hani.

    "Haniiiii!" he yelled happily and ran straight to her, tackling her in a cute hug.

    "How have you been?" Hani asked, smilingly at the boy.

    "The same as the last time I saw you," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "But I got an A on my math test!" he said excitedly.

    "Good job!" Hani said, giving him a high-five. "I told you it pays off to study."

    Yejoon giggled.

    "Have you seen my dad?" Hani asked.

    "He went home for the day," he replied.

    Hani glanced around at the other employees, getting ready to close the store for the night.

Yejoon looked up at Chungha. "Who is that?"

    "This is my friend Chungha," Hani stated.

    Yejoon smiled again. "Hi Chungha!" He greeted Chungha with another hug.

    "It's nice to meet you, Yejoon," said Chungha, ruffling his hair.

    Hani checked the clock on the wall. "It's almost dinner time. Have you eaten yet?"