5

Rachel had been focusing more on Waterloo Road. She had left Chloe's care to Thea. Rachel didn't know if she could handle her own daughter feeling so broken.

When morning came, Rachel got a text from Thea;

Chloe's okay. Thanks for asking - Thea

Rachel didn't reply. She didn't feel up to it. She knew that she had to step up and be there for Chloe but she couldn't. She hated to see her daughter so broken.

***
Chloe looked up as Thea walked in. Thea smiled. "You okay?" She asked.

Chloe nodded and sighed. "Has mum text?"

Thea shook her head. "No babes. She will though. Do you feel up to coming into school?"

Chloe nodded and smiled. "I'll give it a go."

Thea grinned. "That's my girl."

***
Rachel looked up as Thea walked into the staffroom. Thea ignored her. "Has Chloe come in?" She asked.

Thea nodded and sighed. "Yep. But her own mother gave up on her. She needed her and you gave up on her," she spat.

Rachel shook her head. "I didn't give up on her Thea. I just couldn't see her like that."

"And I could? Mum, she's my baby sister and it's breaking me to see her look so broken," Thea said. She saw the look on Rachel's face. "There's no reasoning with you is there?"

***
Chloe could hear everyone talking about her and it was driving her mad. She didn't know what to do about it. She quickly stood up and walked off.

Thea walked towards her. "Woah. What's happened?" She asked.

"I can't do it. I can't be here and listen to everyone talking about me. I'm always going to be known as the girl who got raped and attacked," Chloe mumbled.

Thea sighed. "It's gonna be okay Chloe. I promise."

Chloe shook her head. "No. It's not. Even my own mum doesn't want to know. She would rather focus on the school and not me."

***
Later on that night, Thea left Chloe with Tom. Chloe had warmed up to him when she believed he wouldn't hurt her.

Thea made her way to Rachel's house. Rachel let her in and Thea noticed Eddie was there. "Oh this is just great. Your daughter is having a breakdown and you're getting your leg over."

Rachel sighed and looked at her daughter. "This isn't what it looks like. Eddie and I are having a meeting about the school," she told her.

"That's what they all say. You know what? Just let me have custody of Chloe, because it's clearly you don't care about her," Thea spat.

***
Thea returned home and saw Tom and Chloe sitting on the sofa. Chloe had her head resting on Tom's shoulder. "Hey. I've got some pizza. Want some?"

Chloe nodded and smiled. "Yeah."

***
Chloe had passed out asleep. Thea smiled at Tom. "Thank you. You're great with my Chloe."

"She's a great kid. She shouldn't let this define her," Tom said as he kissed her.

Both of them unaware of just how Chloe was about to go off the rails and hit self-destruct. But who would be the one to save her?