16 Finale

"Kai, are you sure you want to come?" Sehun asks as he gets out of the backseat of Baekhyun's car. "Last time you saw him, you punched him in the face."

Kai shrugs as he gets out as well. "And I'll punch him again if he talks shit about you again," He says quickly.

"We'll be parked here if you need us, Sehun," Baekhyun says from the driver's seat. Chanyeol nods in agreement. Sehun smiles at the two and nods. He waves at them before making his way onto the campus, towards the main building. Once finding the right classroom, Sehun peeks inside the window, sighing when he sees Tao as he practices his kicks and flips alone.

"Wait, Tao knows martial arts?" Kai asks.

Sehun looks at him and raises his brows. "You didn't know? He's been learning since he was like five."

Kai frowns, suddenly not as confident. "Oh, so he could kick my ass."

"Probably," Sehun admits. "But I won't let him." He gives Kai a reassuring pat on the arm before opening the door. "Stay here," Sehun instructs. Kai mumbles something before crossing his arms. As soon as he enters the large room, Tao lets out a long, frustrated sigh; probably not happy with his presence. "Hey...Tao."

"It hurts enough to see you, but must you bring him?"

Sehun smiles apologetically. "He's protective, I suppose. He didn't want me to come at all."

Tao glances back out the door, towards Kai. "Protective, huh? I didn't get the memo when he punched me."

"I didn't...ask him to do that," Sehun assures him.

"I know," his old boyfriend sighs as he grabs a towel. Sehun knows old him would be dying over how he looks; muscular and wet, wearing white. But he's over it. And he wonders if it has something to do with Kai. "You hate seeing anything get hurt. I know you.

Sehun scratches the back of his head awkwardly and shrugs. "Yeah, that's why...I came here," he replies. "All of that stuff I did while you were worth Luhan," He begins. "No, actually- before you even got with him. When I entered the apartment and saw you two laughing so close..."

"You got jealous?"

"Of course, I did- how could I not? I have bad self-esteem as it is, and Luhan is...the most charming boy in the world. I feel like he could make anyone love him."

Tao sits on a nearby bench, observing Sehun. "Maybe so but you have your quirks. You're charming in your own, strange way and I imagine that's why Kai fell for you."

Sehun rubs his arms shyly. "Regardless, I shouldn't have done what I did. It was childish and...hurtful. I should have just sat and talked to you like a damn adult," He sighs. "Not only that but that stupid double date at the movies- the way I got all dressed up and got makeup put on my face..."

"You looked very pretty, though."

"Maybe so," Sehun copies Tao's earlier statement. "But we both know that wasn't me." He motions to himself. "This is..." After taking a deep breath, he goes on. "I don't go around purposefully trying to hurt people and break them up..."

"You were trying to break us up?"

Sehun rolls his eyes. "Yeah, kind of. I wanted...no, it doesn't matter. Whatever the reason, I was wrong."

"I...see," Tao says as he stands. Sehun looks up at him, no longer nervous when he approaches. "So why are you here?"

Sehun smiles. "To...say goodbye," He admits.

Tao looks down at him in surprise. "Goodbye?"

"We might see each other at times b-but..." Sehun sighs. "We can't be friends. At least not right now..."