12 THE Talk

"Sorry, Lu," Sehun apologizes as soon as he enters the apartment. He shuts the door and sighs, rubbing his tired eyes. By the lack of Tao's presence, Sehun assumes Luhan did break up with him. Because he's usually hanging around when Sehun gets up in the morning; much to his dismay. He looks around, sighing when there's no sign of his boots or jacket either. Luhan stands up from the couch and by the red in his eyes, he can tell the boy has been crying. But when he smiles, it's not sad. "I uh...I would have come sooner, but I ended up talking with Kai all night."

"What?"

Sehun shrugs his jacket off, hanging it by the door. "Oh, Kai offered to let me stay at his house last night. I woke up at like one in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep."

"You..two talked?" Luhan asks. "ALL night?"

Sehun looks at his roommate oddly as the boy follows him to his room. "What?" He asks, pushing his shoes off. "IS that weird?"

"What'd you two talk about?" Luhan asks, and Sehun shrugs.

"About ourselves, I guess. About our past, family, things we like...all that kind of stuff."

Luhan gasps and then it turns into laughter as he falls onto Sehun's bed.

"Sehuna, you two had THE talk!"

"What's...THE talk?" Sehun joins Luhan on the bed, frowning at him. "What is that?"

"You never had it?" When Sehun shakes his head, Luhan lets out a particularly loud groan that makes him jump a little. "Not even with TAO?!"

"No! What the hell is THAT talk?!"

Luhan stands up and clears his throat. "The talk is when you're with your crush and you two end up talking...for HOURS. All night and the next day you're all warm and giddy!" Sehun stares at his friend oddly. "How do you feel? Like...was the conversation flowing naturally? You guys laughed a lot?"

"Yeah, actually," Sehun huffs. "Sometimes my sides and cheeks hurt so hard from laughing."

"Ugh," Luhan does a stupid happy little clap. "That's SO cute."

Sehun shakes his head when his phone buzzes. He pulls out his phone, still giving his roommate a weird look. When he looks down, he smiles widely.

Kai: you wanna hang out after you nap? im free after class and fucking bored

"Kai texted you, didn't he?!"

Sehun looks at Luhan. "Yeah, why?"

"Look how excited you got! You practically pounced your phone!"

Sehun shakes his head again before he responds.

Sehun: Alright but you have to pick me up :)

Kai: on my motorcycle? ;)

Sehun rubs his cheek and laughs a little.

Sehun: Only if you have two helmets. Safety first!

When he sets his phone back down, he jumps a little at the large grin his roommate is giving him. "W-what?"

Luhan coughs and stands up straight, fixing his jacket. "Sehun, what does my jacket remind you of?"

"Kai," Sehun responds, almost without thinking. "Why?"

"Do you miss him? Like, right now?"

Sehun bites his lip as he taps a finger on his phone. "I mean...yes?" He sighs and stands, grabbing some things to change into. "Which is really dumb, since I JUST saw him."