18: So, Gentlemen

Todoroki lightly tapped his pencil against the grain of his notebook. Class was going quite slow, and while all the tension earlier that lunchtime had yet to abate, he still felt a sense of calmness now that Yaoyorozu was beside him again, moving on in school.

His mind wandered to Bakugo's ominous invitation to "talk." Usually Bakugo would be seething in anger at just the thought of him and Yaoyorozu being in proximity. But Bakugo also seemed to act like his normally disgruntled self.

"Alright—" Aizawa began, "Since all of you are here and accounted for, battle training will begin tomorrow at 7 am sharp." He eyed them one by one and dismissed them afterwards.

Bakugo rose from his seat with his usual face, never glancing at Yaoyorozu.

Kirishima put an arm around him, "Bakubro we'll see you at the dorm!" He laughed as if unaware of the built up tension.

"The others are coming too!" Kaminari and Sero chimed in walking on their way out, leaving Bakugo with hands in his pockets staring at Todoroki.

Todoroki waited for Momo to rise and leave with the girls. Eventually, he looked at Bakugo in the eye. Bakugo turned his head to the side, signaling him to walk with him back to the dorm. Todoroki squinted at the blond, but he did as Bakugo suggested, not wanting to agitate him anymore.

They placidly walked side by side together in silence until they left school grounds. Todoroki observed Bakugo and saw that he was deep in thought, almost as if he was debating what to tell Todoroki.

"Look..." Bakugo began with a brittle voice, "I'm sure you got questions, and I sure as hell have mine too."

Todoroki observed Bakugo and noticed he was nervous.

"But what the fuck is your deal with blue eyes? And why now?" He growled this time facing Todoroki, "You have any idea how much of a bastard it makes you look?"

Todoroki jumped at his sudden prodding, "You mean Kodai-san?" He blinked, "She's just a friend."

Bakugo rolled his eyes, "Like Ponytail was just a friend..." he said obviously angered, "You're damn clueless aren't ya? She likes you, just like—" Bakugo bit his tongue.

Todoroki's brows furrowed, "Like?"

"NEVERMIND!" Bakugo's irritation rose, "Look I am not an idiot, what the hell is the deal with you two?"

Todoroki looked at him, "Kodai-san's parents are friends with my parents." He said calmly, "More like her dad is a fan of Endeavor," he said looking away, "She is just an acquaintance." He corrected himself. "And you? Why'd you leave Yaoyorozu?"

Bakugo looked to Todoroki and noticed he was getting upset, "Heh, like I'd tell you..." he huffed. The dorm was almost in sight, he had no need to discuss more on the way back.

Todoroki stopped at his tracks and balled his fists in anger, "You insensitive prick!" he raised his voice so much so that Bakugo looked surprised, "You have any idea how much you hurt her?"

Bakugo let his head hang from his shoulders, "Well...look who's talking, you two-timin' bastard." He grimaced.

"What?" Todoroki's eyes widened, "She was YOUR girlfriend, I agreed to step aside, she was your—"

"I CAN'T FUCKING PROTECT HER!" Bakugo exploded.

Todoroki calmed down and watched as Bakugo internally panicked.

"She got kidnapped under my watch, she almost died because of me, and you fucking stepped in almost killing yourself for her! I can't be with her like this! I'm too fucking weak! I can't even surpass fucking Deku!" He screamed hand in his chest spatting out a lot of self-loathing.