13: Conflicted

The bus and train to UA was ready to be boarded. Everyone said their good byes and some tearfully promised to return soon.

The things that happened after tea was something Momo and Shouto would never forget.

Todoroki watched as she boarded the bus and sat next to Bakugo. They had stopped talking after his confession. He silently accosted himself for ever having said anything at all, but also, he was proud to have managed it better than he originally thought he would.

It was to be the new year soon, the blocked roads cleared up just in time for the holidays. His family and those of his classmates must be eager to have them after this extended immersion. His mind eventually wandered back to that day he told Yaoyorozu that he loved her.

______________________________

36 hours ago

"I am in love with you, Momo." He said looking into her eyes.

Yaoyorozu's face was so flushed. He couldn't tell whether it was out of embarrassment or excitement. He would soon find out as she slowly pulled her hands from under his grip.

"You tell me this now?" She asked, her voice cracking and his heart sinking altogether with her reply.

Todoroki steeled himself for what was to come next.

"Todoroki-San, I have always admired you, and I am conflicted with how I feel about you, but, I am with Katsuki now, and he's been very good to me." She said clasping her hands to her chest. "I can't betray him like this." She looked at him with sorrow. Almost asking him to forgive her silently.

'How foolish of me,' Todoroki said looking into her eyes, 'This the last thing she needs.'

Todoroki did a slow nod, "I understand." He said kindly.

Yaoyorozu looked at Todoroki, "You're amazing Todoroki-kun." She said sorrowfully, "We'll always be great friends."

"Yeah..." Todoroki blushed, "It would be best though if I kept my distance, don't you think?"

Yaoyorozu stayed silent and nodded in return.

Todoroki didn't remember much after that. Beyond that point they just continued talking to each other until Yaoyorozu recieved a call from Katsuki asking to see her.

He didn't talk to her much after that.

______________________________

Yaoyorozu picked up the call with Katsuki on the line. He asked to meet her near Geisha Town. It was just a 15 minute walk away from the Old Town. He offered to meet her but she said she would meet him there.

Yaoyorozu looked to the sky as she walked down the road to Geisha Town. She breathed in the cold air and let out a heavy sigh. Her sense of value for her current relationships were very important for her. So much so that it didn't matter anymore if Todoroki suddenly had feelings for her, Katsuki was kind and he was trying. She felt that she owed him the decency of staying by his side.

The pain in her chest and the tightness in her throat didn't leave though, no matter how many times she justified rejecting Todoroki's feelings.