14: Shogatsu

The new year or 'Shogatsu' was the best time of the year for Yaoyorozu. Hatsumode, the first shrine visit  of the year, was one of her favorite practices in celebration of the New Year. She felt like she was always especially lucky each time she prayed and asked for luck. This year was special though. She was with Katsuki and she couldn't wait to pray and read what fortune lies ahead in the year for both of them.

It wasn't the same for Todoroki though. He always spent New Years alone with Fuyumi and Natsuo. When he was a child, he would go with his mother. This year, he felt like everything was about to change. He tightened his robe and watched as Fuyumi helped her mother tighten her obii. He remembered the ornamental fans he was looking at the other day in Takayama and wondered if they would have liked it had it not burned down thanks to him and Bakugo.

'Stop thinking about it!' He snapped, trying to forget the events that happened afterwards

"Shouto-kun!" Natsuo called out.

Todoroki looked to his brother who was getting ready the family car, "Dad is meeting us there, come on!"

This year was going to be with all of the Todorokis together for Shogatsu. As he helped his mother and sister enter the car, he couldn't help but feel a deep and steady warmth. He was excited, and for the first time in a long time, he wasn't going to watch the fireworks alone.

Midoriya texted Todoroki after meeting up with Iida. It was almost evening, and the snow did not let up. Ochako soon followed and they all went their merry way exchanging stories about what they'll do for the rest of the year. As soon as Todoroki arrived, he was greeted by a sea of people eating delicious food and making their way to the shrine. It was cold, but he was used to it. His family agreed to watch the fireworks together, so he excused himself to meet up with his friends first.

"Todoroki-kun!" Said a familiar voice from afar.

He turned to his left to see Midoriya waving at him from afar with Iida and Ochako talking in the background.

Katsuki Bakugo arrived at the place waiting for Momo. He insisted that he pick her up but she said   meeting him there would be the best option.

He saw from afar Midoriya waving to someone, and noticed that Todoroki was there too. He immediately pulled up Momo's number from his phone

Bakugo
You here yet?
(Delivered)

There wasn't a reply yet. He wondered if his outfit was suitable, and brought up another number.

Bakugo
You with Denki?
(Read, 4:56PM)

Shitty Hair
Nah bro! With Sero and Mina.
Denki ditched us for Jirou
(Read, 5:15 PM)

Bakugo locked his phone and from the corner of his eye he saw someone with red hair and a very familiar face pass by. Before he could investigate, a text chimed on his phone.

Ponytail Mo
I'm here, Katsuki.
(Read, 5:17 PM)

He looked up from his phone and saw Yaoyorozu standing just a few feet away. She was wearing a beautiful pink Kimono that highlighted her creamy white skin. Her hair was elegantly tied up. He had never seen anyone so beautiful.