8: Enter Maelstrom

The infirmary was a small health center situated in Takayama Town Proper. If Yaoyorozu wasn't mistaken, she would be near the vicinity of the group of Jirou and Tokoyami.

She followed Todoroki to the exit of the health center and had no idea what to say to him. He was acting strange towards her recently. She always saw him to be so calm and collected, but now he seemed quite the opposite. This frustrated her greatly as a friend, she needed answers and she needed them now.
She walked outside to see the snow covered paths against the romantic street lights, but Todoroki wasn't in sight. She stopped in the middle of the front yard and turned to hear a voice.

"Yaoyorozu, you'll get a cold." Said a familiar voice.

She turned to see Todoroki seated just at the bench behind an enormous tree.

"Todoroki-San. Are you alright?" She said clutching her scarf.

Todoroki avoided eye-contact with Momo, "I'm fine. Why did you come here?"

"I—" she stopped. Why did she follow him? Was it because Aizawa-Sensei said so? Or was it because she wanted to? She clasped her scarf tightly and breathed in deeply, it's now or never Momo.

"You've been acting strange Todoroki-kun!" She finally said with her cheeks flushed against the falling snowflakes.

Todoroki lifted his gaze to look at Momo. He has never seen anyone so attractive in contrast to the snow. He placed his hands in his pockets and closed his eyes, "I see..." he said standing up. "Well, I think it's just the weather. Please go back inside. They need you more there."

"I've always admired you." Yaoyorozu began. "But recently you've been avoiding me!" She said with her cheeks getting more and more red. "You don't even look at me..." her voice cracked and trailed off softly as she said this.

Todoroki looked at Momo with eyes widened at that statement. How could he have been so oblivious to the fact that she was trying to reach out to him?

The weather was getting colder by the hour. He saw her breath turn into smog as she spoke. She was shivering with the climate while telling him these things and he was just an imbecile getting angry over Bakugo. It wasn't her fault if Bakugo liked her. He knew this deep down. 'No, I won't be like my father' Shouto thought.

"If you won't tell me what I did wrong, at least talk to me properly!" She said visibly upset with him.

Todoroki walked over to her, "Your hands are cold, Yaoyorozu..." he said reaching for her with his left hand.

Yaoyorozu looked up at him and just realized then that he was so close

Yaoyorozu looked up at him and just realized then that he was so close. She felt him gently hold her hands and warm them up with his. Todoroki looked so calm and collected again after she started talking to him this way. She thought all this time he was angry at her, but he must have had other things on his mind.