▪ Deux ▪

20XX, mardi, cinq, neuf heures à dix.

•Edd's POV•

After a dreadfully boring time of doing the register and the form chatting about the randomest (I'm sure it's a word) of stuff, we all got up to go to our first lesson. Our school only had five periods in a day, which made it easier to handle all your things at home and homework opportunities. My first period today was Resistant Materials, which was okay I guess. There was no one in that class I talked to much so it was fun in a way. We just made prototypes of items and evaluated them, pretty much, so I got on well. An old friend called Callum was sat on a different table to me, but it was fine as he didn't recognise me. Fun.

The lesson passed and I grabbed my stuff to get onto history: second period. Thank God I was sat next to nobody in that class because I hated socialising to people I used to know. It's so strange talking to people who you know but they don't know you. Confusing sometimes. I guess the concept was getting used to me so I was fine throughout the short time back. Sitting right at the front was not comfortable, though.

Mr Cook dragged on about history while making small talk on memes and such with a boy called Gabe. He was a really cool teacher because he actually had a sense of humour and was fair to us - even if the junk he taught us was super boring. I guess he didn't have a choice but to tell us this stuff, or else he'd get the sack and none of us would be happy. Anyways, I love art and music but people may think it's boring too so I don't wanna seem like a hypocrite. Paying attention closely, I just continued making notes on what Mr Cook explained with an odd sense of passion. I felt like nodding off to sleep until the school bell rang through my mind, pausing the drowsiness until next time.

I stepped off into the hallway to have Tord stood right next to me. His attention was taken off listening to Gabe and his gaze diverted towards me. A devilish smirk spread across his face and I rolled my eyes in defeat. I knew I couldn't win this game of cat and mouse because real life is not Tom and Jerry, it's more of a traditional chase between the two foes where the bigger one obviously wins. It sucked how he was so much taller than me too, so I was a huge laughing stock. Innocently, he tapped my shoulder to grab my attention and then engaged in conversation. Surprisingly, it was a chill chat that didn't want me to rip out his throat; maybe, just maybe, he was turning his ways around. When we got to the bottom of the staircase, I smiled at him and he returned the gesture in a spooky way. His eyes seemed to contain pure rage in them, and I forgot the concept of being decent. 

Instantly while walking through the doors out, he slammed it shut on me. I was being too naïve to notice that it was all a prank from the beginning. I sighed and cowered in fear as well. For once, I was hanging out outside and not in my humble spot in the library where I drew so much. Anxiety wracked my brain, as I felt like I wasn't where I belonged. The librarian would wonder where I was, or the nice people in the year above me would miss me... I just couldn't go back inside now! The hall monitors always ask where you're going and it puts me off and gives me bad thoughts like they'll think I'm weird for wanting to go inside for something I optionally do. Looks like I'll have to survive for this one 15-minute break.

//Words: 660

Sorry if this was out a bit later. I procrastinated and didn't do it until my friend Ty made me. Shout out to him I guess. Also, I'd like to say semi-RIP to XxFeliciaHPFanxX because she may be dead. I loved her stories so much and she was the one who inspired me to write my own junk in the first place! If she isn't actually gone yet, just a wish for her to get well because I'll miss her too much. HUGE shout out to her because I wouldn't be on this amazing writing journey without her. Please check her out and pray (or whatever religion you are) for her wellbeing. I didn't intend for the A/N but I knew I had to make it just in case.