Ch. 12

I think this is the last chapter... I don't want to end it but I'm taking it out too far. I will definitely come out with another book (probably a part two) as soon as possible.

*ALEX'S POV*

OMG IT WAS ALL A DREAM...()

¯\_()_/¯

(Jkjk I wouldn't do that 😂)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

John, Laf, and Herc came in freaking out. I had to explain myself and they understood more.
"tu nous fais trop peur mon ami... But we understand. None of us would want to sit and wait for it (I didn't even notice the reference until later 😂) to happen "
"Merci Laf." I said.

    "...W-what happened with Benedict Arnold, after..."I stopped for a second. "You know...And how did you guys find out?" " well we found out because we saw everything. We kept an eye on you because we knew you wouldn't sit still and then saw that you got up grabbing your musket. We started running towards you but then saw you yell for Washington to watch out. Then Benedict Arnold shot you and We came as soon as we saw him bring you to the nurse. And Lets just say Benedict Arnold got what he deserved." Good. I thought.

"But after a bit of questioning, they turn their backs for a moment and then... He...he got away Alex..." said John. "He what!?" I exclaimed. Washington sat there seeming deep in thought. "Alex-" "Wha-what do we do? He might come back!" I exclaimed. "Son. Calm down it'll be ok" "Yah Alex. He'll have to get through me before he gets to you." John said.  "I second that." Washington said, sounding proud. "Oui, We'll always be here Mon Ami!" "Yah. He has to put up a fight before he gets to any of the people I care about!" Herc exclaimed making a fist. (fluuuffff) We all talked for around an hour with them in a chair and me, again, in the cot when I had asked, "Where do you think he went?" "Probably to British camp. I noticed that he changed his uniform to a redcoat." Herc explained. "traître..." Laf mumbled, followed by a few french cursing.

    I looked over at Washington and he seemed troubled. "Sir? Are you ok?" "Yes I'm fine Alex." "You seem troubled sir. Please tell me." Washington hesitated before sighing and saying "Benedict Arnold was one of my best friends. He took advantage of me and ended up being a traitor and harming one of my best soldiers." "Yah... Well, Thanks for caring daaa-Sir." *coughs* "Sir." (Close enough lol) oh no! I didn't mean to say that.(or did you?) I felt a blush rise up my face. My friends' expressions changed to a satisfied smirk as if they were saying 'I called it.'
There was an awkward silence which made it worse. I wanted to run out of there but that was pretty much impossible with my injury. John was holding back a laugh, Herc had such a big smirk you could practically hear it, and Laf was probably about to squeal something like 'Petit lion! Finally!' But then there was Washington. He just had a warm smile on his face.

  I was holding my breath without noticing while my friends let out what they were holding in. John started laughing from my blushing reaction, Herc just chuckled a bit, and then Laf... He squealed like a child and screeched "Petit lion! I knew that would happen sooner or later!" Called it. I looked down. I didn't want to look them in their eyes. "I-I didn't..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I was still embarrassed. But I didn't really finish the word...

Then I looked up. "W-wait. What do you mean you knew it would happen?" Everyone except for da-Washington. Dammit! Were laughing."P-petit lion! It was so obvious you looked up to him as a father!" as if it were possible I got slightly redder. "N-no I do-don-" I was cut off by more laughing. I looked down again. "Alex were not making fun of you! It was just your reaction and that you still don't admit to it. We think it's great for you to have a father figure." just then, Washington put his hand on my shoulder. "Son. It's alright. None of us are making fun of you. There's nothing to be ashamed of. I take it as a compliment that you look up to me." He still had a comforting smile on his face. I let out a sigh of relief. We talked for a while longer. There isn't much we can do at the moment about Benedict Arnold but I have a feeling that we will soon...

Words-771

Omg it's finished. Thank you so so much for reading this!!!! I was surprised that it got any views! Like I said before, I will most likely make a second book. Again thank you! And c ya soon!!!!!