Ch. 6

*ALEX'S POV*

Well... I'm still alive...great. I haven't really talked in what I'm guessing to be 3 days now. Heh...new record. The only time I have talked is when I say "I won't give you answers." The redcoat gave me a bit of water today. Probably because he wants me to stay alive until I give him the answers he wants. Not gonna happen. I really need food.

When I was an orphan running around the streets, I could live on little food but this is too much. And when I entered the war, I didn't really eat a lot there either but then Washington found out and gave me a talk. He'd told me that I was needed. It made me feel happy. I didn't feel like a worthless orphan...I felt needed for once.

     I guess I started looking up to Washington not long after...Wait...I guess he's a father figure to me? Oh god. I guess I knew that but denied it to everyone including myself and now I'm on this chair alone, thinking to myself. Does that mean I'm going crazy? Maybe...

Are my friends even coming? What if the redcoat is right? What if they don't really care about me? They've always had to deal with me... an orphan that's worth nothing. They've had to deal with my panic attacks every time There's a storm and I bet that's pretty annoying. Good riddance I guess... Charles Lee was right about me.

    Wouldn't my friends be here by now? I want to go to what I call home. It's been more of a home than any place I've ever been. I want to hear their voices saying that they're taking me back. I wonder what's going on right now. Are they thinking of a plan to save me or are they just sitting around enjoying their time in peace and quiet?

   But what about Washington? He seems to care about me a lot. He calls me son and is really protective. Wouldn't that mean he would want to come and find me? We are pretty close. Just like how me and my friends are. Maybe they are coming to get me.
I hope so...

Words-373

I couldn't think of anything
👏(())