Chapter 14. He kissed me, then crushed me...

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Brett's POV

Everyone dreams of their first kiss to be romantic.

I admit, even I was one of them.

I dreamt of my first kiss with him to be filled with love, not lust. I want it to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand, to leave goosebumps on my arms, to make tingles everywhere we touch, to make me feel giddy, to make me feel loved and wanted...

I did feel all these things.

But only for a moment.

I was about to go home, feeling my heart break at the thought of myself being a coward...

Just because Cassidy's there doesn't mean you have to walk away, Idiot...

I know, but I can't tell Darren how I really feel right now.

Can I?

I sighed. I don't think I can...

No. I know I can't. So, I just walked away. Wanting the warmth of my bed, I know I'm going to drive past the speed limit tonight. My bed's the only one comforting me, and I miss it already.

I just realized that...

I should have just gone straight at home earlier. What did I expect to happen here? Once I told him that I love him, he would also confess his undying love for me? Meh.

Also, I am exactly just like Jaime; a coward. I can't tell the person I love that I love him because I'm afraid.

I sighed.

I'm so stupid.

Just before I reach my motorbike, someone took my hand and pulled me.

Darren.

My eyes widened in shock. He followed me! Not only that, he's also touching me which made me shiver involuntarily.

He snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I swallowed, not really believing that this is happening.

Eventhough I can't bring myself to believe this is real, that I'm not lying on my bed unconscious and dreaming, I want to enjoy this. So, I put both of my hands on his chest, loving the feeling of his fast heartbeat.

Is that because of me?

I hope so.

My eyes connected with his, and I felt like he is staring deep into my soul. Then, his eyes travelled all the way to my lips.

Is this the part where I get to kiss him?

The answer is yes.

He put one of his hands at the back of my head, pulling me close, and closed his eyes to kiss me.

I only stiffen for a brief moment, still shocked as hell that this is happening, but when I snapped out of my shock, I moved my hands towards his neck and into his hair, loving the feeling of it. Gripping it and pulling at it, I was honestly proud of myself that I made him groan.

He kissed me so tenderly at first, like I was so fragile and he was afraid that he'll break me. I kissed him back with the same manner, our lips were moving in sync, and our hands were roaming around each other's body. He nipped at my lower lip and sucked it, waiting for me to open up. I'm not sure if I wanted to, so I denied him access. Don't get me wrong, I love kissing him and the idea of his tongue in my mouth. It's just that I don't think he really wants to do this. I don't even know if he sees me as Brett. Perhaps he imagines me as a girl...

He licked my lips, demanding for entrance, which I denied again. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't want to open up to him...

The same way I don't want to open up my heart to him.

I'm afraid...

Since I was denying him access, I was certain he was getting impatient because he groaned, and pinched my ass at the same time he bit my lips.

I was shocked at the feeling, which made me gasp. Immediately, he took the opportunity to let his tongue slide into my mouth to explore it. I fought to take the lead, mostly because I don't want him to think that I'm weak and he can easily control me even though it's true, but he didn't let me. Turned on by his act of dominance, I surrendered and let him lead the kiss.

The kiss continued until I was starting to lose oxygen.

Man, I think this guy has had breathing exercises. He seems to have no trouble of breathing while kissing me for so long!

I pulled at his hair, making him pull away from me. I put my forehead on his chest, panting and trying to regain my breathing.

"Wow." I whispered, wondering if that really did happen. "I didn't expect it would be that amazing."

I have different scenarios of how we would kiss, but I didn't expect it to be this amazing.

Reality really beats imagination.

If I was surprised by the greatness of the kiss, I was more surprised when he said, "Me too."

Immediately, I felt happy and hopeful.

Maybe there was a chance for us...

Then, all of my hope crumbled down when he pulled away from me.

I felt empty and hurt at the same time.

"It's getting late Brett, you should go home." he said. "Drive safely."

And just like that, he walked away from me and entered the confinements of his house.

Reality beats imagination...

And the reality is that Darren will never love me, and I will always be alone.

*****