Chapter 10. Jamie's warning.

CHAPTER TEN

Jamie's POV

When we entered Alexis' house, I was still thinking how would I confess my love. I mean, it's not that easy. What would I do? Talk to her and say, "Hey! Do you know I have loved you for a long time now? And I actually want to be with you! Will you be mine?"

Yeah, easier said than done.

A movie I didn't know about was playing on the screen, it looks like a comedy or something like that. Anyway, I looked around and saw they were all comfortable with their positions. Then, I noticed that Alexis is unusually quiet. She was sitting on the couch while playing with a pencil, so I went to lie down there with my head on her lap.

"So, why are we really here Lex?" I asked her, just to get a reaction from her.

"To watch a movie." she answered, while twirling the pencil around her fingers.

I don't think so.

She didn't just invited us here to watch a movie, I know that she has another reason. However, I didn't ask her, because I know that if she's ready, she would have the initiative to tell us what's really bothering her.

Brett paused the movie and said, "Who wants a popcorn?"

"I do!" I said excitedly.

Mmm. Popcorn! Yum!

"Oooh. Hey Jamie! Are you going to marry Brett?" Britt said. "I would be happy to have you as my sister-in-law then!"

"Huh?" I said, confused.

"You said 'I do' to him." Ethan said.

Oh. I get it.

I laughed.

"Can you picture us together in the future?" I asked, widening my eyes, looking like I was excited amd thrilled. "How cute will we be with little Bretts and little Jamies running around? I can picture us growing old together."

Brett pretended to vomit, like he doesn't like my idea.

"No way." Brett said. "Stop saying bullshit please."

We all laughed, well except Alexis.

"Hey Lexi! Do you want some popcorn?" I asked, but I didn't get an answer. Instead, she just kept on twirling her pencil and staring at it. It looks as if she was physically here, but mentally absent.

"Hey Alexis delos Reyes! Do you want some popcorn?" Brett asked.

Still, we got no answer. So, I've decided to flick her nose, and that's when I caught her attention.

"You're distracted." I said. "We paused the movie and asked you - twice - if you want some popcorn, but you just keep on staring at the pencil you're holding right now like it's the most interesting thing in the world. Mind to share your thoughts?"

She slightly smiled and said, "I was just thinking about Cassidy..."

I abruptly sat up.

"Why?" I asked.

I was feeling a little jealous, and I knew that even before I compete, I already lost the competition.

Or maybe not...

Maybe I still have the chance...

"What why?" she asked.

"Why were you thinking about her?" I asked her.