•Chapter Sixty One•

Start from the beginning

"You're a trip. You wanna hold Zéryah now?" I nodded and made my way over to them. Placing Zahir in her arms I took princess in my mine. I started tearing up again. These kids had me going soft. I never cried this much in my life.

"Hey baby girl." My lips connected softly with her forehead. I stroked her cheek and admired her angelic face.

"You did good love." I averted my gaze towards Mia.

"We did good." She corrected, and I offered a smile before refocusing my attention on my baby girl.

"What you do to my baby why he so knocked out?" She questioned in reference to Ameer.

"You gon have to pick that one up with your daddy. I went to get him from his house after I checked on the twins in the nursery."

"I'm bout to wake up him though." I walked over to where he slept and tapped his leg for him to wake up but he didn't budge. I poked him in the ribs knowing that he was ticklish which got up him up almost instantly. He swatted my hand away and sat up. He hated being awakened and was about to scowl at me until he spotted his sister in my arms. His eyes lit up as he sat up straight.

"Dad, can I hold her please? I'll be careful, I promise." I looked over at Mia for her approval. When she nodded, I placed the baby in his arms. He looked nervous at first, afraid that he'd drop our precious gift. I kept my hands under his for a while until he appeared confident. I took out my phone and snapped a couple of shots. Whoever was in the room cutting onions needed to stop. I was tearing up at the sight of two out of my four children, bonding.

"Hi Ryah, I'm your big brother Ameer. I been waiting for you to get here. I can't wait for you and Zahir to get big so we can hang out and stuff. I'm gon teach you guys everything I know." He stated proudly.

"I love you." He kissed her cheek and rock her gently until she started to fall asleep.

With both twins now asleep, we spent some more time with them before I assisted a nurse in taking them back to the nursery. We ended up bringing them back moments later as Mia requested that they stay in the room with her. After helping the nurse fullfil her request I stepped out into the hallway to allow Mia and Ameer to spend some alone time together.

I was scrolling through some of the pictures I had taken of the twins when an incoming call halted my admiration.

"Shit!" I muttered under my breath once the name splayed across the screen. It was Anika. I was suppose to be watching Londyn tonight. I contemplated whether I should answer or not. I decided on the former.

"Wassup Anika?" I answered calmly.

"Don't wassup Anika me. Did you forget about Londyn?"

"Umm, about that..." An unamused laugh escaped her lips, interrupting me.

"So you did forget her." She stated flatly.

"I'm sorry..."

"I can't believe you right now."

"I'm sorry for real, I got caught up. Mia had the twins so me and Ameer at the hospital right now and I don't know when we gon leave."

"You know what, nevermind. Don't worry about Londyn she gon be good without you in her life."

"What? You can't keep my daughter away from me. Look, I can get my sister to watch her." I offered, Anika had to work and I didn't want her leaving my baby with just anybody. She had had a bad experience with her last sitter which was why she didn't have one at the moment.

She sucked her teeth and I knew she was on the verge of catching an attitude. "Okay, whatever. Go ahead and give your sister my address. Londyn is already ready."

"Aight." I hung up and shook my head. I just knew it was going to be an uphill battle dealing with her. She got a lot of balls catching an attitude with me for checking on kids that I had consensually.

Thinking about how I was going to explain to Ameer how Londyn came into existence made me cringe. I would be forced to explain to him what rape was which ultimately meant I'd have to mention sex in someway. I didn't envision that I'd be discussing this subject matter with him at age eleven, or at least not under such circumstances. I definitely wasn't going to have him thinking that I cheated on his mother though, so as uncomfortable as the discussion might be I would have to tell him the truth.

Peeking his head out the door, he informed me that Mia was asking for me since she was getting ready to go to sleep. I got my mind to refocus on the now, as it had been a miles away.

"Good night love." I planted a deep, lasting kiss on her lips. She reciprocated and smiled against my lips.

"Good night papa bear. See you guys tomorrow?"

"Yes ma'am. I asked Bachir for a lil time off work so we gon be here early."

"Okay. Have a safe trip home and a good night's rest babies."

"Momma I keep telling you I'm not a baby." She laughed at Ameer's annoyance and waved us goodbye as we exited the room and subsequently left the hospital.

"Dad?" We were pulling up to a stop sign when Ameer broke the silence that enveloped the car.

"Yeah lil man?"

"I'm hungry, can we go to Ms. Wilma's please?" He pleaded and looked at me with puppy eyes.

I chuckled,"Look who got hooked on Ms. Wilma's cooking. I'm proud." I checked the time on the dashboard to ensure that she was still open. It was a little after nine which meant we had some time, she usually didn't close until ten.

Not wanting to stick around and wait, I decided to call and order. We had ten minutes to spare when we finally pulled into the parking lot. Hopping out the car, we practically ran inside to grab our food which was ready and waiting to be collected. I paid our bill and told the cashier, who happened to be Ms. Wilma's granddaughter to tell her grandma we passed by and I said hey. My family and I had been eating Wilma's food since forever, I had nothing but respect for the elder woman.

Once we got home, we wasted no time digging in. I sent Ameer to take a shower and get ready for bed when we were done satisfying our hunger. While he was in the bathroom, I decided to call my sister and check on Londyn.

"Hey sis. How you been?" I greeted.

"I'm good, what about you? How are Mia and the twins."

"I'm cool. They're good. How's Londyn? She still up?"

"She's good, I put her down to sleep about a half hour ago."

"Oh, aight."

"Your baby mama is a piece of work you know that?" I sighed heavily.

"It's not like I chose her. What'd she say though?"

"Nothing really, sis just has an attitude. As twisted as it may seem I think she feeling you bro." I turned the call volume up to ensure I heard correctly.

"Hell nah. It ain't that type of party."

"Just my thoughts. By the way, when you plan to tell Mia about all this?" I was mad at myself for getting my sister involved in my issues once again.

"Man, I don't know but I gotta tell her soon though."

"Well you better figure it out. As much as I love my niece I won't be able to watch her all the time."

"I hear you." We continued conversing until Ameer came downstairs and joined me on the couch. After hanging up the call with Kemona, he and I played video games until sleep took over and he passed out.

******************

Happy Friday!

3:47 a.m Why am I up?😭😭😭 I'm gonna go to bed now, I'll be back to edit any mistakes.

Ya boy Lance is in deep and he just might drown 😈😈so stay tuned.

Love n Respect,

Z.A.