•Chapter Thirty One•

"Wassup Mia?" I inquired once I had slid the answer button on my phone screen and held the phone to my ear.

"I need you to come over in about thirty minutes if you're not busy."

"What for? Ameer aight?" I questioned, skeptical as to why she was asking me to come over.

"Ameer is fine. I need to talk to you, it pertains to him."

"Aight I'ma be there." I said before we hung up. Things between Mia and I had been weird yet cordial since the night of her dinner celebration almost three weeks ago. We had indeed managed to just keep our communication limited to Ameer's wellbeing. Honestly, I missed being able to talk to her but I wasn't willing to jeopardize her marriage. I was a lot of things but homewrecker certainly wasn't one of them. I tried to place myself in Shawn's shoes and ultimately decided to respect him as man though I was starting to dislike him. Lord knows had another man being sniffing around my wife I'd probably be on my way back to prison.

Since it was a Sunday afternoon I had been hanging out in Rosewood at my sister's house. It had been a while since I'd chilled with her and my niece. Lounging around in the livingroom, my niece started whining and throwing a fit after I informed her and Kemona that I'd have to leave soon. Apparently baby girl was having the time of her life attempting to braid my now grown out beard and putting little flower clips at the end.

"Uncle LC can you please stay a little while longer. I'm soon finished, you bout to look so pretty." She said cheesing at her masterpiece.

"And you can't take them out when you leave either." She stated sternly.

I chuckled,"Alright mama, I hear you." This caused the brightest smile to grace her face. Being around her always had me longing to have my own daughter, too bad I didn't have any prospective baby mamas. Ideally I would prefer a wife at this point but my boy Cupid seemed to be on vacation.

Once she was done, I got up to leave but not before she demanded that we take a selfie. Latching onto my neck, she gave me a constricting hug and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye Uncle LC. I love you!"

"Love you too baby girl." I said, reciprocating the hug and kiss before we parted ways.

It had taken me almost an hour to get to Mia's residence and the ride was absolute torture to say the least. Void of any music, my thoughts ran wild. Not knowing what specifically she had to talk about had me on edge. A million different scenarios crossed my mind, though the one that was most repetitive was that she was going to move away and take Ameer from me. I prayed that wasn't the case, knowing myself that wouldn't end well.

Pulling up to the curb, I quickly got out my car and hurried to the door. I rang the doorbell obnoxiously but I didn't care. The suspense was killing me. She eventually answered the door, demeanor calm and one eyebrow raised at me.

"Why you ringing the doorbell like somebody's chasing you or something?"

"Cuz I need to know wassup with Ameer." I stated as she let me in.

She chuckled,"Ameer is fine Lance, I told you that."

"So why you call me over here then?"

"Because, I need to talk to everybody at once." She stated as I followed behind her to the livingroom. Bad idea. It was hard not to look. Her backside looked real good in them leggings.

"Talk to everybody? Everybody like wh..."I trailed off once I noticed Ameer as well as her husband were seated on one of the couches. What the hell? I sat down, confusion etched across my face. I hope she didn't think we were about to do the whole one big happy family shit.