Chapter 8: At the end of time

Katara POV

After somehow escaping the factory after countless battles, we run back towards the dome we first arrived in and we go through the time gate, but instead of arriving in a time period, we arrived in...darkness. Nothingness, the end of humanity apart from some old man who's just standing there. He turns to greet us. But I just continue to stare out into the oblivion. After a bit I zone back in.

"Well, it's a mystery how with more than three of you travelling that you have not arrived here before...but that aside. Welcome to the end of time, my friends."

I turn to look at the man and I see a sparkle of recognition in his eyes.

"You...no...it can't be...you we're..."

"I beg your pardon?"

"...what is your name, child?"

"From what I know so far I think my name is Katara..."

"Katara..?" he trails off before looking down at his hands.

"Is there a problem, sir?"

He looks back up at me.

"You...truly do not remember me..?"

"Sorry...no."

There's a long moment of silence.

"Very well, then. Forget I said anything." he finishes, hurt showing in his features for a brief moment.

"Moving on, from now on, only three of you, as well as Katara as a fourth, may travel at the same time."

We all nod. Then Chrono, Robo, Lucca and I head towards the time gate for the middle ages again to go see Mr. Froggy, leaving Marle behind for the time being.

Next stop, the enchanted forest.

Hey guys! How do you think he knows who Katara is?! o.o Sorry the chapter is so late! (And so short >.<) High school is difficult ;-; And I got sick again... I hope you enjoyed the chapter and until next time! PEACE

Crazy hair, frogs and time travel. -Sonia