Chapter 3: The decision

Recap: "Hey, red head" I turn around to face the two other kids from earlier.

"Hmm? And you can call me Red"

"Why don't you join us?"

Chapter 3: Thedecision

Red POV

"Join you? What for?" I ask, surprised by their sudden offer.

"Well maybe we should start with introductions.....I'm Lucca, and my friend over here is Chrono."

"Nice to meet you......?"

She sighs softly.

"You see, after the return of Queen Leene... before heading back home to our era...-"

She thinks for a second realizing what she is saying.

"I-I mean.....-"

"Smooth...." Chrono remarks sarcastically.

I chuckle in amusement.

"So my suspicions are confirmed....."

"H-hun?" they both ask in unison.

"I just had a feeling you weren't from this era......for a matter o fact neither am I.....I just woke up in Guardia forest a few weeks ago with amnesia, I don't even remember where I come from, or my real name.....maybe while helping you guys I'll be able to remember....."

Their eyes widen in shock.

"R-Really? Well.....I suppose you didn't really fit in here that much either....."

"Uh.....thanks?"

"Maybe I should finish the explanation..."

Chrono mumbles walking up to me. He explains that Lucca created some kind of portal that can travel through time and that they thought it would be best to have assistance in case they didn't appear back home.

"I don't see why not...." I mumble as the Queen's look alike comes to join them.

"Hi! I'm Marle! Nice to meet you! Uh...-"

"Red"

"Yeah, that!"

I roll my eyes.

"I'll think about it....."

"Alright!" [...]

"No."

"But Mr. Froggy!"

"No is no...."

"You're not the boss of me!" I remind him, sticking out my tongue.

He sighs loudly.

"Please.....Maybe It'll help me remember...."

"But at what cost?"

"Why do you care so much?"

"I-...."

"You what?!"

"Very well....but do not blame me if something should go wrong....."

"FINE!"

I head back to my room to pack and begin to think it all over.

Lucca POV

"Chrono, are you sure this is a good idea? Why would we need her help?"

He sighs softly.

"I just get the feeling she will be helpful at some point..... "

"If you say so....."

Frog POV

'Why must she be so rebellious?' I ask to myself why hearing the clinking of her packing.

'This is ridiculous....I mean, does she not treasure her young pure life? Well I suppose if I had no memories of even my name I would be just as determined to educate myself.....I suppose I should give her the chance to do so......I simply hope she will be cautious'