Nothing really ends, Chpt 46

Comenzar desde el principio

"Please...Please, I need it. The distraction..."

Again, there was a long pause. V waited in anticipation, worried of Taehyung's return, or his forcing into co conscious. After the silence, a wavering sigh was heard. "Yes. Hurry up though, Okay?"

"Okay."

___

V sat on the couch as he stared down at the cup in his hand, dark jacket hanging on his body eyes trying to avoid the man sitting across from him, pen in his mouth, one leg crossed over the other, notepad in his lap, eyes staring him down like an eagle. V frowned and finally looked up, glaring at the man. He tilted his head to the side and nodded to V.

"Your neck. What happened?"

V placed a hand on his neck and felt how hot it was, remembering when the belt came in contact with it, probably creating welts. "......"

He ticked his pen and jotted something down. "Nemia, I'm guessing.....and your face? Why is it bruised?"

"........."

"Also....Nemia," he sighed, rocking his head. "You call me to talk about the things she's doing but you refuse to tell me."

"I called you for a distraction," V corrected. "I-I didn't feel well."

"V, I'm not a physical health doctor, I can't help you that way-"

"Being around you makes me feel safe."

Hyun closed his mouth and looked down at his notepad, staring at the writing before he set it to the side. He adjusted on the recliner and faced V more. The thinly framed glasses pushed up his nose a little as he scrunched his nose. "Are you dependent on me?"

"No....I'd like to think that I'm not- Or...Nemia wouldn't like it if I was, so no?...."

"Vante...You're thirteen years old...you need to speak up for yourself. I understand she's the only family member you have alive but you need to grow up." Hyun sat up straight and frowned. "Why are you still living with her? Aren't you a trainee?"

"I can't move until I'm 14..."

"Does she know?"

"Yes....she's happy...f-for Taehyung..."

Hyun got up and set the pen and paper down on the small wooden coffee table, walking over to the younger and sitting next to him, wrapping one arm around his shoulders. V relaxed and leaned into him, frowning more into his drink. "Please tell me what she's doing to you, V. I want to help you."

"I....can't, Hyun.."

"You need to if you want me to help you, V. I want to help you. Since you were three and me an intern at 19. Ever since I saw your mom before that I wanted to help you, even more so when I found out what Nemia did to you. You need to tell me. I know it's scary because you love her but she's hurting you-"

"She isn't hurting me, she's scaring me. She'll kill me one day-"

"And how, if she's not hurting you, V? Tell me, how?"

V groaned and leaned over, setting the cup on the table. "She just will. She's fucking scary and I don't want anything to do with her but I also worry to death about her. She's old....and she loves me-"

"If you love a piece of artwork, would you try your hardest to preserve it and keep it safe or would you spill contents all over it and toss it around on a daily basis?" Hyun asked with his serious tone, voice deepening. "Because what she is doing isn't what a loved one does to someone they love. I can promise you that. Your mom never did that to you."