Chpt 10

|Revised|

Jungkook stared up at the ceiling, feeling at ease laying in his bed. His mind was racked with information given to him, and he wasn't sure how to even fully process it. His hands were entwined across his chest as he breathed in and out softly, hearing rusting from beside him as the older got comfortable. Namjoon had shared a bed with Jungkook since Jin was dead set on no one sharing his bed.

He didn't want anyone else's scent on it.

So he made Namjoon bunk with Jungkook, and Taehyung was on the couch. Being restless, he turned onto his side only to shoot up in pain. He winced and climbed out of bed, slipping from beneath the covers and walking towards the door. He left the room so Namjoon could sleep in peace.

Once he made it to the living room he saw Taehyung sitting up, the glow of the TV illuminating his silhouette. Jungkook walked around the couch while hugging himself, glancing at Taehyung as he sat there, elbows on his knees, one hand falling in between his knees while the other propped up his chin, his eyes a dim yet light brown as he blinked; solemn looking.

Jungkook sat next to him and stared at the TV, biting his lip and trying to keep his gaze in one spot. But from his peripheral vision he couldn't help but notice Taehyung's handsomely beautiful features. The blonde hair messily fell into his face, slightly covering his eyes, and his thick, dark brown brows angled down in a stern stare to the television.

The blonde, after a while of silence, clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth. Jungkook fully looked at the blonde and tilted his head to the side. Taehyung blinked and side eyed Jungkook before facing him, turning his head to the side. "Why aren't you in bed?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Technically I am in bed." Jungkook glanced at the couch and stifled a laugh as Taehyung kept a straight face. "Why aren't you sleeping."

"I'm restless," Jungkook spoke quietly. "It's not everyday you learn your idol was sent to kill you," he finished with a dry laugh, staring at his knees before seeing the TV shut off and any lights from outside shut off as well. Jungkook was use to this, this common power outage. He closed his eyes before reopening them, staring at the blank TV.

"I use to want to be an idol when I got older. When I was 13, I thought it was a way you could do something you enjoyed while also being able to have an impact on your community. I thought it would be the life. Jin even took me to an audition. I knew he had no faith in me since I was talentless but he still cheered me on and told me I did wonderful, but the agencies obviously thought otherwise. I wanted to do something that didn't require school because I've sucked at it."

A soft chuckle escaped him as he sunk back into the couch more, still holding himself. "Aish...now I'm glad I wasn't accepted. If Jin ever found out I had to kill people he'd force me down on my knees kissing each and everyone of their graves.." Jungkook closed his glossy doe eyes. "You really don't...feel anything when you take away a person's life? Nothing at all?"

"..."

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself even if I didn't know the person." Jungkook sighed. "I'd cry if I ever killed someone- if someone was ever killed in front of me. I couldn't kill anyone even if my life depended on it."

"...what if Jin's life depended on it?"

The younger was silent as he sat in the darkness, not making any noise or reaction to what was said until he let out a quiet whisper. "I'd rather take a bullet to my own head than kill someone I love." Jungkook reopened his eyes and looked at the other who had light brown eyes staring back at him, a soft expression on such a hard and sharp face. "Even though he'd hate me for a while, and cry and loathe me, I'd still do it."

"...As selfish as it seems, I couldn't kill myself over someone else."

"How?" Jungkook asked gently. "I don't get how you do it. If someone gave me an option to either kill the one I loved or kill myself...I'd kill myself. I'd make sure I'd end myself before they could ever end them."

"You would really put your life on the line?"

"Wouldn't anyone for the person they loved?" Jungkook asked, exhaling just as he rested his head back against the headset of the sofa, body sinking in on itself for warmth. Taehyung strummed his fingers against his knee just as the few lights from outside flicked on along with the TV. They two stared at the variety show that played, silly sounds erupting from the speakers as the laughing voices followed.

The people sat in a half circle and laughed as the female hid her face in embarrassment, animated sweat marks angled towards every direction as she whimpered at feeling the chagrin surround her.

"You know you can't go to Busan."

"I know...but where else am I suppose to go? I can't lock myself up here. They'll find me. I can't go to the only places I know. They'll find me."

"He'll find you wherever you go," the blonde muttered, staring back at the TV. Jungkook looked at him from the sides of his eyes, seeing the emotionless face unlike how is usually was. "Even if you hid in a chest at the bottom of the ocean, he'd still find you."

"...He?" Jungkook blinked.

"The carbon copy," the other almost hissed, both hands falling in between his legs. "If they can't, he will. And you won't be able to get away."

"Who..?"

Taehyung closed his eyes and stood up from the couch, walking over to the recliner that had a pillow and blanket on it. He climbed onto it and folded his arms behind his head, looking at Jungkook through one hooded eye. "Don't let your eyes camouflage into his image like his do." With that he turned onto his side and switched the TV off, leaving Jungkook in silence once again as the they went to rest.

Something was so different in Taehyung's demeanor. Jungkook wasn't sure if it was because it was late and he was tired, or if he was faced with a situation he never expected. 

He nodded his head and forced himself up despite the pain, wincing. Feet made his turn around and walk back to the couch, not bothering to say any parting and just continuing to walk to his bedroom, standing in front of his door. "Don't let your eyes camouflage into his image like his do..?" He repeated to himself, leaning forward and pressing his forehead against the wooden door. "What the fuck is that suppose to mean!"