Chpt 38

|Revised|

Jungkook was expecting himself to be on the ground as blood poured out of his body. But the gunshots weren't directed to him. Or V. Or Yoongi. Or Namjoon. Or Jin. The shots were directed to the buildings around them. To the people around them.

To everyone that wasn't them.

V's hand slipped to Jungkook's wrist and he pulled him off the stage, all four of them ducking behind the stage as Jin ran to them, eyes crazed. It was clear he was just as surprised as the Jungkook. Jungkook Looked up to see familiar faces in the crowd, pulling down their masks. Suho. Baekhyun. SB. He looked at V and his mouth hung open.

"Did you guys-"

"Plan all of this? No," V said, looking around. "But did I plan it? Why, of course."

"H-How?!"

"While you were changing I called Hoseok and asked for Baekhyun's number. I didn't feel stable. I thought Taehyung was going to ruin all of this for me. So I told them to come just in case they needed to save you but as soon as we got here, I noticed the snipers in the buildings across the street. I told Namjoon and Yoongi and Yoongi texted Bakehyun to bring as many people as he could. I told them to accept the contract and at first, Yoongi wanted to kick my ass-"

"Can we discuss this later, now we're being shot at!" Yoongi yelled as he pulled his pistol from his jacket, leaning over the stage and shooting at people who were trying to get away. V rolled his eyes and took his own gun, poking his head out every so often to shoot.

"-but I told him to just trust me. I begged him, even, Namjoon and him agreed-" V continued as he fired his gun "-without knowing what I was planning. Taehyung was going to accept it either way. I knew that if he took control I wouldn't be able to save any of you, so I decided not to buckle under stress. SO, instead of Tae resurfacing-" Bang "-I was the one who accepted it. I was a little lost at first. Didn't know what to do. But I did promise you-" V crouched down and took one of Jungkook's hands. "This would be the last time I played as the V they knew."

Jungkook grinned and squeezed V's hand, peeking over the stage to see SB shooting at the CEO's, who tried their hardest to get into their cars. Some were shot dead, others were injured. Very few were alright, though.

Namjoon pushed himself in between V and Jungkook and V sneered at him. "Are we all just going to act like we didn't see V full-on kiss Jungkook up there?!" Namjoon exclaimed, cheeks red.

"I don't really see why that matters right now!" Yoongi shouted as he continued to shoot. "Leave your opinionated relationship out of this and worry about yourself!"

"It matters because it's V! He'll end up hurting-"

"He isn't going to hurt me, it should be the least of your worries, now focus and shoot!" Jungkook complained, pinching Namjoon's thigh, causing him to yelp.

Namjoon slapped Jungkook's hand away with a pout before resuming his position and shooting. Baekhyun looked their way and pulled down his mask more, waving at them. "We have a ride! Get over here!"

V looked at Yoongi then Jungkook. "You guys get Jungkook in the car. I'll cover you guys."

"V, it's not safe-"

"Alright!" Yoongi lowered his gun and grabbed Jungkook's wrist before dragging him away from the stage with Namjoon and Jin following, V easing his way over, focusing on the bullets flying across the sky. Baekhyun started firing his gun as he led them to Suho, who was hiding behind a flipped table that once held small snacks and drinks. "Where's J??" Baekhyun asked and Suho looked at the group.