39. Fidelity

Hey. I've missed you.

Here's a belated update. I'm sorry it took forever. I was working on a oneshot, it's up now called Adoration if you want to check it out. I put my whole heart into it, just like this. This chapter is very lengthy too, I hope you enjoy.

I love you all.

***

Josh and Brendon end up spending most of the day alone together. Tyler never came back downstairs.

Around lunch time, Josh makes them a sandwich to eat, saying that even if they were asleep they still need to get something in their stomach for the day. Brendon agrees, and watches him make them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich quietly.

Once he finishes, Josh looks at him.

"Um, is it okay if I go up with you?" Brendon asks nervously.

Josh nods. "Yeah, of course."

At that, the two of them make their way to the bedroom. Josh opens the door as silently as he possibly could, and when walking in, it's dark. The curtains are covered by a blanket and the only thing really lighting up the room is the television.

Tyler's still asleep on the bed, covers pulled to their shoulders and an arm dangling over the edge, lips slightly parted.

Brendon's chest is heavy.

Josh carefully touches their shoulder and whispers, "Tyler," over and over until their eyes bat open a few times, brows furrowing together. They look up at Josh in a confused manner, sniffling in just the slightest and blinking. "I made you a sandwich." Josh tells them.

Tyler glances down at the food and then back to him, nodding.

They grab the plate and sit up, making Brendon realize they have changed their clothes since this morning. They're wearing a pullover now, black, with the hoodie up. And when they stretch their legs out a little, they're in sweatpants.

Brendon doesn't like it.

"What time is it?" Tyler wonders in a gruff voice, taking a bite of the sandwich.

Josh sits down at the edge of the bed; Brendon still stands there awkwardly.

"Two." He replies.

They seem a bit surprised by that. "Oh," they get out, continuing to eat without saying anything further.

Josh sighs. He turns to look at Brendon instead, and he must have only now noticed that he hasn't sat down, stood in the room like he's afraid the bed might be a marked territory or something. In a way, it feels like that right now. He reaches his hand out with a small smile, which leads Brendon to accept the offer.

Josh pulls him close and sits him down in his lap.

It's good. He likes it.

Josh is warm, his arms are strong. He wraps them around Brendon's waist and rests his head onto his back.

"Wanna take a bath tonight?" He questions, directed towards Tyler again.

Their eyes seem so dead when they look up from their food at him. The bags underneath are prominent, and the darkness surrounding them is horrible as well. They look like they only see Josh as prey opposed to their husband, but Brendon knows that's not the case. They're miserable; weeping in their own sorrow. This is caused from exactly that, and seeing it makes Brendon's hand to rush to touch Josh's for reassurance.