15. Dinner

When Brendon woke up, he was nearly off the bed at that point, face first into the comforter but his knees were hovering above the ground.

He moans in distress, rubbing his fingers into his forehead.

Brendon pushes himself off the bed and stands slowly, his whole body aching from the position he was assumingly in the entire night. Knees weak, he makes his way to the bathroom. He remembers very little about last night, the only thing he could recall is eating cheetos and Josh calling him for something.

The thought of Josh calling him while he was stoned makes him extremely nervous.

He could only hope he didn't sound too unorthodox.

Brendon's heart falls into the pit of his stomach knowing he'll be going to Tyler and Josh's home later.

After buying both bouquets, Brendon had been repeating to himself over and over again what he'd say as he gave them the flowers, he couldn't think of anything though. The message is pretty clear what it's supposed to mean, anyways.

Brendon turns to look at himself in the mirror, and it talks back; he needs to shower.

He definitely smells like weed and when he looks down his fingers are covered in cheeto dust.

He's not even in public yet he's still embarrassed.

Sighing, he turns on the shower, taking a piss as it heats up.

Brendon flushes the toilet and pulls his shorts and boxers off his hips, letting them sit on the floor as he stepped inside. He lets out a pleased noise at the warmth, letting the water run over his pale skin and dark hair. It's calming down his nerves as good as it can, he's glad.

Of course Brendon was overjoyed being able to spend time with Tyler and Josh in a more intimate place, but he is Brendon, and he could never just be happy without having a clouded mind.

The last time he'd visited someone's house besides his mother's was months, maybe even a year ago.

He doesn't visit anyone and no one visits him.

That's just how it is.

So, although being stressed, Brendon can't express how thankful he is to be invited into their home.

After his shower he realizes it's already past one; he always sleeps in too late on days like yesterday. He's pleased with that though, knowing full well if he woke up earlier he'd spend the whole time waiting to leave impatatiently. Instead, he calls Carina, and talks to her longer than he should about his worries and his wishes, she has always been a good listener.

By the time their call ended, he had a little less than an hour before he was supposed to be at Tyler and Josh's house.

It's almost completely dark outside, he can't believe he talked to Carina for so long.

He was happy to pass the time at least.

Brendon chews on his lip, making sure to copy the address Josh had sent him last night that he never remembers receiving and putting it into Google Maps to see how far it was.

It's about fifteen minutes away, he stands.

Being a little early wouldn't hurt anyone, especially not Brendon. He wants to see them both, badly. It sounds pathetic but it's only true. He makes sure to grab the bouquets, holding them close to his chest as he locks his apartment door and begins walking to his car.

Brendon's buoyant.

***

It's not until five-fifty he gets to Tyler and Josh's house. He's glad to have left early because the traffic was terrible today, he forgets how bad it is on Fridays.