She punched his back. ''Peter no.'' But even herself couldn't take herself seriously so she didn't expect Peter to.  Her voice came out a mix of a very high pitched cat growl with a wicked laugh and she blamed it on the fact she had her head turned upside down- it clearly affected her vocal cords. He slammed open the front doors of the school. She felt ashamed she hadn't even made it to the outside. 

''Let's see how you like the trash bin shall we?'' Immediately an intense wind breeze caused the hood of her coat to fly over her head, she was now sightless - well she could see Peter's shoes climbing down the stairs but that was about it. 

Before she could even protest his statement he spoke with confusion. ''A-Alec? Hey mate.'' Peter stopped suddenly in his tracks and so effortless as he had before, placed the girl back on the floor. 

''Can I have my girlfriend back?'' Alec's voice was dry and emotionless and Rita sensed a very serious conversation coming. He had placed emphasis on the word girlfriend. 

Alec never opposed himself to the friendship Rita chose to keep with Peter - Well not after she presented her case; It consisted of the argument that they were friends before the whole misfortune and they were pretty good ones, she didn't want to lose that. Also it helped Peter once cornered Alec and confessed he had no intentions of coming between the two, showing his delight and support for their happiness. 

Of course Alec got some warmed up do to, he wasn't naive, but as soon as he got comfortable with it, motivated by the fact Peter not once showed envy or malice towards them whenever he was around, he gave Peter a second chance himself. 

Their friendship, if one could call it that, wasn't tight and strong as it was obvious but it was neither awkward. He wasn't visibly rude or condescending to Peter and that was all Rita could really ask for. And it wasn't like Alec to be; Alec was as loving and kind as a person can get - he was her pride. 

If there was ever anything that he considered intrusive he rarely spoke on it - Well not until the rehearsals started. 

She looked up, rearranging her curls as well as her clothes, messed up from the whole commotion. Peter had backed away at least a meter, he too had sensed Alec's unusual mood. 

''I didn't know you were coming.'' Rita stood on her tip toes to kiss her boyfriend. He didn't lower his head as he usually did nor responded to the hand she placed on his chin to try and push him towards her.  

''Clearly. Had fun tonight?'' He asked with a fake smile. His eyes fitted Peter.

''So fun!'' Rita said with excitement ignoring her boyfriend's attitude. She had nothing to hide from him and she wasn't going to enrol on his tantrum and act like she did. 

''Peter?'' He turned to the boy and spoke between clenched teeth, the bones on his jaw pocked out.  The girl pinched his arm to which he didn't even flinch. 

''It was cool man. Thanks.'' He answered ready and quickly as if he knew Alec was going to ask him. ''About that skiing trip this weekend.'' He raised his finger to scratch his forehead. ''Gabe's got a cabin up there and the idea is the team stays at his. Y'know he's ough to throw a party and he isn't found of teachers keeping him from it. You in right?''  

Rita gave Peter a small smile, secretly thanking him for changing the subject, and then looked up to her boyfriend who's expression remained closed.