Chapter Twenty One

I think in that second, that moment in which I heard about what has just happened to Toni, I had lost my mind. I wouldn't believe that it was true because I wasn't worth Toni's life. Far from it.

I was going to cry, but I forced it back. The pain of knowing that Toni was probably dead would be too much for me to handle.

But then the unspeakable happened. The thing that I had wanted most had happened. But I didn't want it at this point.

Mommy was here. To take me home. And all I wanted was to go home even against what Ethel said.

"Did you learn your lesson?" asked my mom.

I didn't say anything. I nodded once and I said "Mommy drop me off at the hospital. I got hurt" I said.

She rolled her eyes and said "Okay then..."

When she dropped me off and I was out of her sight, I ran into the ER. I went to the front desk to ask where Toni was.

"Down the hall, room 108" said the lady.

I ran down the hall and into Toni's room. And there she was. Cuts and bruises all over her, with a few i.v lines on her arm.

I sat next to her bed and didn't know if I wanted to believe that she was most likely to never come back.

"Toni. I love you" I said kissing her forehead.

I felt a light touch on my arm and looked her in the eye. She moved and I said "Toni?"

She opened her eyes and smiled as I cried so loud.

"Babe I thought something really really and happened" I said.

"I wasn't the 16 year old girl. I was on the side. Her motorcycle crashed into mine but nothing too bad happened" she said.

"I'm really glad that you're out" she said.

"Toni I have to go. I was poisoned there and apparently I have to get it fixed. I'll se you in a bit?" I said.

"Yeah" she said.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

After I had been 'cured,' Toni got stitched up and we went home.

We went into her house and into her room. We sat on her bed and both looked at each other for a moment.

"We're okay?" I asked.

"We're Okay" She said hugging me.

"Toni I was so scared for you I thought you were going to die. You're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. To me, you're someone to love. I-"

"Cheryl. Shut up. And kiss me."

She grabbed my face and pressed me against the wall. I gently wrapped my arms around her neck and she put one hand on my waist.

My hands soon tangled into her hair and I wrapped my legs around her waist.

"I love you. Cheryl Blossom I don't know how you've done it but I've fallen in love with you" said Toni.

"I don't know either. I just like to think that we're meant to be. If only you knew how much every little pick up line, hug, and compliment meant to me Toni. I've really never known real love. But you, you didn't just let me know real love..."

"I felt it too."

And yeah that's it! Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far I really appreciate it 💕