Chapter Eight

"Toni..." said Cheryl groggily.

"Yeah Cher? What is it? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I have a really bad headache Toni" she said rubbing her eye with one and the other one on the side of her head.

"Do you want me to ask the nurse for some Advil? I said getting up.

"No. I just want you to stay here for a few more minutes. We have Vixen practice afterwards anyways" she said.

"Okay then. Do you want me to call anyone to take you home? Not to offend the famous Cheryl Blossom, but you look horrible" I said.

She gave a faint smile at my compliment, but I could tell that even a smile took her a lot of effort but she did it anyway.

"No. I don't feel like going home" she said.

"Okay, But Cheryl, you're really pale" I said.

I heard the bell ring and Cheryl whimper at how loud it was so I put a hand oh her back to comfort her and helped her up so we could go to the locker room and get changed.

When we walked out into the hall we ran into Veronica and Betty.

"Hey Veronica. Thanks for covering for me" I said.

"No problem."

"Oh my god Cheryl you look really sick. Do you want me to go get someone, like you're paler than snow" said Betty.

"I'll be okay I think" she said resting her head on my shoulder.

I took her bag for her and walked her to the locker room where we both got changed.

"Thanks. For today and all that" she said.

"It's fine. I'm glad we're friends" I said.

"If you want, you can come over to my house anytime you want" she said.

"Same here" I said.

"Come on, let's go" said Cheryl.

We went into the gym and practiced a few routines and then everyone was tired so we took a break.

I saw Veronica and Betty helping Cheryl get to the other side of the room and I quickly caught up with them.

Cheryl's face was even paler than before. You'd think she'd belong in a hospital or something.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked.

"I-i think the practice was too much for her" said Betty.

"I wanna sit down" said Cheryl weakly.

"I know, we're almost there" said Veronica.

She looked like she was about to faint or something.

She finally sat down leaning against the wall and buried her head in her arms.

"Cheryl here's some water" I said handing her my water bottle.

"Cheryl we have to ask you something" yelled one of the Vixens from the other side of the room.

"I-I can't walk back there. It really hurts to even move" she said.

"Come on Cheryl we have to get you up" said Betty.

"If we do it any later it might hurt worse" I said.

As much as I didn't want to cause Cheryl any pain, I know that it'd probably be much worse if we waited any longer to get her up and moving. Besides, the break was almost over.

"Alright Cheryl we're gonna get you up now and take you back there so you can tell everyone what to do at least during practice" said Veronica.