Chapter Ten

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•
Betty, Veronica and I waited anxiously in the waiting room for some doctor to tell us how Cheryl was doing, and so that we could see her.

"I feel so bad" said Betty.

"Why? You didn't do anything but help. It just so happens she's sick" I said.

"I know" sighed Betty.

Then the doctor walked up to us and we all stood up.

"She's okay now. Everything else but the coughing up blood was just symptoms of a really bad case of the flu. She coughed up blood because by the looks of her blood pressure, she's under a lot of stress. You can guys can take her home" he said.

"Thanks" I said.

We went into Cheryl's hospital room and asked if the security guard could carry her to the car since she was asleep.

Veronica drove her to Betty's house and we all decided that we were going to sleep over. But Betty'd have to call Alice first.

"Hey mom" said Betty.

"Hey Betty. Are you on your way home?"

"Yeah. Mom, I was wondering if Veronica, Toni, and Cheryl could sleep over. It's been a long day" she said.

"Sure. Why? What happened?" asked Alice.

"Cheryl's been sick all day so we kinda took care of her and she can't go home because Penelope is Penelope."

"Yeah of course. The poor thing must be exhausted" said Alice.

"Thanks mom. See you in a few" said Betty.

"Alright guys we're all good to go you guys. How's Cheryl holding up?" said Betty.

"She still sleeping" said Veronica.

Cheryl peacefully slept. She hadn't moved a muscle at all, and her head rest in my lap. Her vibrant red hair spread everywhere as we pulled up into Betty's driveway.

"Should I wake her up?" I asked.

"Yeah. We can't carry her all the way inside" said Betty.

"V, you can sleep in my bed and Toni if you don't mind, can you and Cheryl share Polly's room?"

"Yeah sure" I said.

I gently tapped Cheryl and she softly groaned and then barely opened her eyes.

"Hey. We're gonna go inside and then you can go back to sleep okay?"

"Hm" she said.

We all got out of the car and got into the rooms quickly and went to bed.