Severus helping you with homework

If it was homework for any other lesson then you'd be fine and already have finished it. But no, you're stuck in the library whacking your brain trying to understand your Potions homework.

You've already spent three hours of your free lessons alone today trying to complete it.

All you have to do is write a report on the experiment you and your partner carried out last lesson including the ingredients list. Your partner being Sirius Black and he sure as hell isn't going to do it.

You weren't sure how long you'd been staring at the piece of parchment with what ever you've written scribbled out. Someone stood infront of the table and coughed clearing their throat.

"Do you need any help, (Y/N)?" The boy asked. You looked up to see Severus Snape raising an eyebrow at your homework attempt.

"Oh umm... if you wouldn't mind?" You ask back moving the open books and ink pot to clear the desk as Snape sits down.

~Time Skip~

"Thanks Sev, I'd still be whacking my brain if you hadn't of shown up." You laugh putting your quill down as Snape joins in. The Slytherin was about to speak when you both heard the distinctive voice of your friend from the bookshelf across from you.

"(Y/N) what are you doing with Snivellus?" Sirius exclaimed marching over to you with the other Marauders closely following.

You gave Severus a sad smile before rolling your eyes at your friend. "Sev was helping me with our homework that you are suppose to be helping with." You answer calmly.

"Yeah, but why are you asking him. He's not your partner (Y/N), I am?!" Black spat glaring at Snape. Severus stayed quiet not sure what to say.

Hearing this just sent you over the top. You had just about enough of Sirius's pathetic behaviour. "Perhaps because Sev is only person willing to help me do this damn work because you sure as hell weren't going to do it or help and I didn't understand it!" You yelled slamming the book on the table, standing up. "Come on Sev, there's no point in staying here." You state grabbing your now finished homework and storming off with Severus trailing behind you.

After you stormed out of the library Snape thanked you for defending him and you both parted ways going to your own Common Rooms.