What Happened?

Crimson's point of view

I woke up and rubbed my head. I sat up from my previous lying position on the ground. 

"What happened?" I murmured as I looked around me. I saw a lump in the ground some way down the path and I stood up. Wincing in pain. I raised my shirt to reveal scratch marks in the shape of that number symbol. The cuts were deep. There was still blood trailing down my stomach and collecting at my boxers. I clutched my stomach tightly and slowly walked over to the lump that I'm guessing to be a body. As I approached it I saw that it was Lightning. I looked around for any sign of Storm but I couldn't find one. I crouched down a little and rolled Lightning's body over. His neck was stained red and his lip ring was missing. It wasn't pulled out of his lips and I was glad for that. 

"Lightning," I whispered while shaking his shoulder a little. He shot awake. His eyes were wide and covered with terror. He felt around for something in the dirt for a minute before looking at me.

"Where's Storm?" he asked carefully. His eyes trailed down to my shirt that was soaked with blood.

"Dude. You need to go to the hospital," Lightning said. I shook my head. 

'No. I can't we have to figure out where we are and find Storm," I muttered while standing up.  Lightning nodded while pushing himself off the ground. He let out a hissing noise and bent down. Grabbing his pants leg and pulling it up. The number 5 was carved into his leg. I winced at the sight. It looked really deep. Deeper than mine.

"Holy shit," he said while brushing his fingers over it. 

"Don't touch it. Its gonna get infected," I muttered. He stood up straight limping slowly behind me as we walked down the path.

"Do you have your phone?" Lightning asked. I could tell that he was on the verge of crying. I'm not sure if it was because of the pain or because of the fact that we can't find Storm. I patted my pockets down and pulled out my phone.

"Yeah. It has signal," I muttered while turning it on and dialing the police. I answered the lady's questions and soon enough I heard pounding footsteps and loud shouts headed towards us. I smiled happily.

~

"What happened?" A police officer asked for the millionth time as I sat in the ambulance car. They were ready to take Lightning and I to the hospital but the police wanted to question us before we forgot what happened.

"I don't know. One minute I heard something behind me and then a scream and that was it until I woke up," I said for the millionth time.

"Are you able to remember anything else?" the police officer said. I shook my head no. My mom sat next to me. She rubbed my leg comfortingly. Sniffling as she did.

"Really?! These children are badly injured and you're to selfish worrying about knowing what happened to get them to the medical attention that they need?! I can assure you that they won't forget what happened. It was too traumatizing to forget get for gods fucking sake. You asked them the same fucking question a million fucking times! If any of these boys loses any more blood I do know one thing. You will be losing more than just your job. ," My mom yelled angrily at them. Lightning's parents nodded in agreement. My mom smiled happily as Lightning were put in ambulance cars and they sped off to the hospital.

~

"Were you able to find Storm?" I asked as I looked at the police officer. He smiled sadly and shook his head no.

"No. But we were able to find some of his clothes and a trail of blood but it hit a dead end and now we're back to zero like we were before," the police officer explained sadly. I nodded looking down. I felt bad for Lightning. They didn't need to say it for us to know how close they were. 

"Well then shouldn't you be out there helping them?" Mom asked angrily.

"Well I'm not trained for that," the officer said kindly to her. She just glared at him. Crossing her arms over her chest. I bit back a smile. My mom looked at me with an eyebrow raised and I snapped my head to the side. Even though I was in a huge amount of pain my mom still knew how to make me smile.

~

As we walked slowly out of the hospital we saw Lightning and his parents. His mom was crying and his dad was comforting her. I gestured my mom over to them and she followed behind me.

"Is everything OK?" I asked quietly. His mom turned to face us. She wiped her tears away and sniffled a little.

"They found Storm," his dad said. A smile twitched on the corners of of my mouth but I gestured for the to continue.

"He's.....he's dead," his mom cried. My smile was wiped away.

'Oh my god,"