Why Are you Here?

"Crimson?!" I heard Pierce scream from behind me. I turned around and stepped into view for him to see me. He looked at me with wide scared eyes and engulfed me in a hug. "I thought that was your scream. You don't know how scared I was. Why'd you run off like that?"

"I didn't hear anybody scream," I trailed off, " And I ran because of that stuff that we were hearing and I got scared. I even told you to run but when I turned around you weren't there. Then I tried looking for you but all I could find was...Lilo!" I said while running back to the area where I last saw her. I stepped through the few bushes and looked at the body on the floor. I crouched down and placed my hand on my shoulder. She flinched away from my touch.

"You-You're n-not suppo-osed to be h-here," she said through chattering teeth. I pulled my jacket off and wrapped it around her cold body. She must've been here all night if she's this cold. Its almost 85 degrees outside. I looked up at Pierce.

"Let's get her out into the sun. She's freezing," I said. He nodded and helped me get her into a standing position then we slowly led her out from underneath the trees and into the sunlight. We both sat her on the ground and she pulled my jacket tighter around her body. 

"How did you get here Lilo?" I asked while sitting on the ground on her left side. Pierce sat down on her right and we both looked at her curiously. She looked off into space for a minute before shrugging. I sighed and shoved my hands in my pocket. I could feel the box of cigarettes and lighter and my cravings got the best of me. I pulled the box out and flipped open the lid. Offering one to Lilo and Pierce. We all greedily grabbed one and both Pierce and I pulled out our lighters and lit the end of the stick then inhaling deeply. I handed my lighter to Lilo that she practically snatched out of my hands and lit it quickly. Placing the cigarette between her thin lips and inhaling. Making the fire a little brighter. 

"I honestly don't know how I got here. I mean one minute I was sleeping with you," Pierce visibly tensed at the words and I bit back a smile,"And then the next I was out here. It was so dark that I couldn't even see my fingers in front of me." Lilo explained. 

"Can you walk?" I asked her. She shrugged and then tried standing up.

"I guess so," she murmured.  

"Turn around," I ordered. She reluctantly did and I pulled her shirt off to reveal her back. I gaped at what I saw. Just a couple of hours ago, she had the biggest fucking slender man carving into her back ever and now its all stitched up and half of it was already turning into a scar. My stitches haven't even started and its been almost a month now. 

"What's wrong?" Lilo asked worriedly. I sighed and pulled my phone out then snapped a picture of her back and showed it to her. 

"How is that possible?" I asked. Lilo shrugged and then took another drag of her cigarette. Pierce and I followed her steps soon after. I missed this familiar taste. I don't know how I managed to go so long without one. 

"Can we go now? We're in like the middle of the woods and its gonna take some time for us to get out," Pierce said impatiently as he stood up and brushed off his pants. I shrugged and stood up too then held my hand out for Lilo. She grabbed it and I yanked it up. I looked up at the sky and the sun was still pretty high. I smiled to myself. I wonder what's gonna happen when we get back.  I mean I did kinda kiss Lightning and then just leave. I hope he's not disgusted with me or anything. The last thing I need is to have a crush on a homophobe again.

"Crimson," Pierce called. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Pierce.

"What?" I asked slightly irritated.

"I need another smoke," he said. I rolled my eyes and placed mine in my mouth and handed him one. He sent me a smirk before lighting it and inhaling deeply.

~

The sun was starting to set as we walked out of the woods. Lightning came running out to us with a smile high on his face.

"Thank fucking god. I thought I was gonna have to call the police again. Don't ever run off like that ever again," he scolded while wrapping us each in a tight hug. I couldn't help but notice that when Lightning hug me it wasn't nearly as long as it was when he hugged Pierce and Lilo. I frowned. I knew it would be a bad idea to kiss him. Now he's disgusted with me.

"Nope. We're here. All in one piece. I'll make fucking sure that Lilo never goes into the woods like that ever again," I said. Lightning only spared me a glance before directing his attention anywhere but at me. Pierce noticed his actions and sent me a sympathetic look. I shrugged him off though. How did I know this was coming?