"Oh it's not an anesthetic. It's poison." He says as my whole arm starts to throb.

"Biocide?" I say, slowly running out of breath.

"Close but nope. It's a new kind. But you don't need the details, what you need is the cure for that poison slowly making its way towards your heart. And the only way you can get the cure is to talk and give me answers. Unless you want to die." He explains, I hiss again as I feel my bottom half become paralyzed from the poison.

"Ready to talk now?" He hisses.

"To you? No. To your boss? Yes." I answer, trying to catch my breath.

"You know what? You're one to talk." He mocks.

"If only you knew what happened to your family after the ambush." He chuckles, and that set me off.

"What did you say?" I sneered, venom lacing my voice.

"Oh. Touchy subject, I see." He says, a mischievous glint flashing in his chocolate-brown eyes.

"Tell me wha-" My sentence was cut, and my breathing was stopped.

"F-f-" I continue before another man barges in the room.

"What are you doing, Harriot?!" The man scolds.

"Boss said to torture her not kill her!" He yells, injecting me the cure for the poison.

"Piss off, Lance. She pissed me off." Harriot explains.

And the ward for best excuse goes to....
*drum roll*

The effects of the poison slowly went away as the man continued to scold Harriot.

"You're an idiot." The man named Lance says towards him.

"Fuck you." Harriot says before getting out of the room, slamming the door in the process.

"You okay?" Lance asks gaining a nod from me.

"We'll continue this tomorrow. You better talk or else boss won't like it." He informs me before heading towards the door.

"I'm not scared of Dominic." I say making him stop in his tracks.

"Well, you should be. I've seen what he's capable of." He warns before getting out and closing the door shut.

"But you haven't seen what I'm capable of." I say, even though no one has heard me.

My eyes slowly felt heavy as I felt sleep trying to consume me and I gave in. All that poison shit really took out all my energy.

~~~

I was woken up from all the gunshots outside of my room.

Seriously? They're going to have a war and leave me down here. Damn, they're kill-joys.

Suddenly, my door was kicked open by a man in a black outfit and a mask covering his face.

He ran up to me and started removing my ties. After he's done, he went to pick me up. I throw him a punch at the jaw, making him hiss at the impact.

He looked at me and I was met with gray eyes.

Wait, I know those eyes.

The night at the docks weeks ago, it's the same guy with gray eyes.

"I know you." I say.

"Yes, now shut up if you want to be saved." He demands.

I accepted his offer as he went to pick me up bridal-style before running out towards the gunfire.

"Men! Give me cover!" He yells making about a dozen men in black follow.

He brings me out of Dominic's mansion and inside his car. He puts me in the passenger seat before he ran around the car to enter his driver's seat.

And just like that, we drove away. I was saved by a stranger.

I was saved by someone with cold grey eyes.

>>><<<

AAAAAA SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER DUPER LATE UPDATE I WAS CAUGHT UP WITH A LOT OF EXAMS AND SCHOOLWORKS BUT I HOPE I CAN GET BACK TO MY NORMAL UPDATING TIME NOW.

Also, this book has gotten 9 thousand reads! That estimates to 600 of you guys! I can't thank you all enough for this blessing and I've never thought that my story would get this much reads.

So for that, thankyou thankyou thankyouuu.

Oh and I've made an IG account- it's @araschmidt02 and follow my personal! @rossiee.e

Thank you guys, imma go cry in a corner now 'cause i think i failed my physics test.

So, that's all for this chapter,

'Till next time!

Xoxo,
Ara